• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Dual Chamber Master Cylinder Reservoir

Stumper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:43 AM
Reaction score
Was the two chamber brake reservoir used on a 62’ FURY with PBs? When did the first show up and on what cars?

Federal mandate in 1967. There were a few cars that used before mandate. Some Cadillacs and a few Corvettes with power but I don't think Mopar did any before 67

I know that about every original 62 brake reservoir I’ve ever seen was the single chamber but most of those cars were Savoys or Belvederes. Was wondering if it might have been an option on the Fury?

Nothing I’ve ever seen, nor in the parts books. ‘67 is the first.

According to TheRamMan yep used from 62 and up.
I saw the dual on a buds 66 coronet with bendix booster disc brake car.

According to TheRamMan yep used from 62 and up.
I saw the dual on a buds 66 coronet with bendix booster disc brake car.
It was altered then. ‘66 discs still had a single master cylinder. They were all singles before ‘66.
1B29F392-4EE1-4178-BA2E-A5BC2ED848D9.jpeg

Some '63 Studebaker sedans had the dual MC.

It was altered then. ‘66 discs still had a single master cylinder. They were all singles before ‘66.
View attachment 1168404
Could have been altered.. looked fairly original,, but never looked to hard at the brake lines etc..
Oddly enough this is in the 66 parts catalogue
20210920_144303.jpg

So I guess consensus is definitely not in 1962? Let me add a twist to the question - could the dual reservoir have come on a 62’ Fury if the car was made in Canada?

Last edited:
Could have been altered.. looked fairly original,, but never looked to hard at the brake lines etc..
Oddly enough this is in the 66 parts catalogueView attachment 1169209
What catalog is that? Certainly not the standard 1966. I have it here and no signs of that. The spelling of catalogue tells me it’s something different.

What catalog is that? Certainly not the standard 1966. I have it here and no signs of that. The spelling of catalogue tells me it’s something different.
Ha! Never thought of that. Yes it's likely a chrysler canada book.. (in canada) I'll check tomorrow

No Mopar came with a dual master cylinder until 1967 In Canada or USA

Auto Transport Service
Back