• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Super Bee built thread

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:16 AM
Reaction score
Since the thread is closed, I still couldn't resist....
:D

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/members/jeffb7189.30093/
Jeffb7189[/URL said:
I'm the current owner and I just found this thread. I'm so grateful to all of the "experts" here who have selflessly dedicated their time to being completely honest with regards to their opinion of the car. Perhaps rather than asking that someone have a "thick skin" when dealing with issues like this, you should try to approach the situation as if you were the one who was potentially duped into buying a car the previous owner had knowledge about and didn't disclose. I am new to Mopars relatively, and beyond running the numbers through a VIN decoder, I had no idea that this would be an issue among the Mopar community. I'm still trying to determine the car's history, but as for the arrogance I've seen on this site and others like it, I can assure you this will be my last Mopar. I'm currently selling the car as a clone (despite not knowing it's full history) for a huge loss....is that what you all want to hear? I have over $35k invested in the car (which until the German who was "interested" in it alerted me to the discrepancy) I had no idea or reason to believe wasn't a real Super Bee. I spoke with the owner at the time, who was the OP in this post, and of course he didn't mention any of this.....so go ahead, tell me "it pays to do research" or spout whatever other rhetorical bullshit you care to. I'm done with people like you, and I wish Barrett Jackson hadn't spawned so many car aficionados who seem to congregate in places like this on the interwebs to spout their vast knowledge of the universe.[/URL]

dont-let-the-door-hit-you-on-the-way-out-gif-11.gif

kerry-door.gif

upload_2018-10-27_12-25-3.png

Did I miss something? someone is being mean on the site? cant we all just play nice.

Is this recent? Is the other, current, first super bee thread a parody?

And it blows my mind that anyone here would act like an asshole....:realcrazy:

Somebody rubbed the cat the wrong way, and the teeth and claws came out

I'd be mad too if I got duped on a car by a guy who got duped by a guy who got duped by a guy...and I'd like to thank barrett and jackson for spawning all us 'car aficionados'...
giphy (17).gif

The whole subject of cloning and fender tag fraud annoys me. So often, the perpetrators shrug it off, saying "I'm building the car for me and I'll never sell it".
People's minds change, they pass away, etc and then the car goes up for sale.
The scammers try to downplay their deceit with comparisons to rust repaired cars, lost titled cars, etc.
A clone or tribute car is totally fine with me as long as the owner is honest about it.

I have changed my sex over the past 20 years.. Went from getting it to not getting it.

Last edited:
The guy is crying because he has 35k in a car! And wont get it back.
What a pussy. Welcome to classic cars.

Simple: Buyer Beware.......

I do not understand how his loss warranted ripping on car aficionados?

Unicorns are what they are.....A Fable....

Man, I totally missed this one. So there are two first Bee threads? Is this the guy with the "67 built" first Bee? What's going on here? Are we in the twilight zone?

From what I can tell, this guy got ripped off and that sucks, but based on his response that Richard Cranium posted, I would wager this guy thought he had a steal of a car and was going to flip it and make a bunch of money, bought the car with no research, and then got called out when he tried to sell it to the "ze Germanz".

Man, I did research for months before I bought my car and had my dad help me. I do research on every major purchase before I buy it. If this guy didn't that's his own fault.

I also did a lot of research before buying my car and still ended up with surprises that I didn't catch or find until I started working on the car. My dad has collected classic cars for years and he told me if you overpay just hold on to the car as his experience is most classics appreciate over time (particularly the old Mopars).

I didn’t get the impression anybody was being mean. He just didn’t like the facts. It’s to bad too, I would like to buy that car.

It's the super-duper bee!

Man, I totally missed this one. So there are two first Bee threads? Is this the guy with the "67 built" first Bee? What's going on here? Are we in the twilight zone?

From what I can tell, this guy got ripped off and that sucks, but based on his response that Richard Cranium posted, I would wager this guy thought he had a steal of a car and was going to flip it and make a bunch of money, bought the car with no research, and then got called out when he tried to sell it to the "ze Germanz".

Man, I did research for months before I bought my car and had my dad help me. I do research on every major purchase before I buy it. If this guy didn't that's his own fault.
It appears the person that gave fbbo the ***-chewing is not the OP of the other thread, but another hapless victim that didn't hear of google until after they bought the car apparently. Yeah it sucks when that stuff happens..but the 'current owner' was not involved in that original post, they just signed up to drop in and give out an ***-chewing. Like you said, probably thought they had some easy money again fooling someone and unfortunately overseas buyers are an easy target....

I just read through that discussion along with the moparts side track and retract my statement about people here acting like ******** (at least in this case:p). It was a well behaved discussion imho.

68 Super Bee is the a-hole who sold Jeffb7189 the car without disclosing that it was most likely a clone after the original thread stalled. Sorry Jeff is is butthurt but do your research before dropping $30k + on a car.

Auto Transport Service
Back