• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First trip out this year

dvw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:22 AM
Reaction score
Went out to Milan for Wednesday T&T. Lots of street tire cars. There was nothing done to the track during the time I was there. Just continuous flow of cars down the track. Decided to make the best of it and try to get down on minimal track prep. Weather was good. The gear had been switched from a 4.30 to a 4.10. It had also been rejetted from 94 to 92. Tried a bunch of shock and tire psi settings. It never even tried to lift the front tires. The jury is still out whether the gear or jetting hurt it. If it did it wasn't more than .01-.02. The stripe rpm was down from 7300 to 7100. So it does slip the converter a touch more. Wasn't super consistent but it went down not to bad. Driver wasnt the greatest either. R/T and shift points weren't precise. been 7 months since I've been in the car. Nothing broke. Truck and trailer towed great. made the mistake of leaving the 16v charger at home. But the XS battery performed flawlessly without it. Here's the runs.
Doug

first trip out milan.png

Guide warm to the changes a few mire hits and the driver will be fine. Good luck dvw

I am jealous you made it to the track. Ours opens this weekend and we aren't ready. We always had a tough time getting good 60' times on a t&t. Be interesting to see what your car runs on a prepped surface, see if 4.10s softened your launch? 60' times were still impressive on that first pass. Track maybe better shape early?

Guide warm to the changes a few mire hits and the driver will be fine. Good luck dvw
Well dvw good luck this year. Sorry about the above statement that doesn't make sense. Next time I will have coffee first.

Went out to Milan for Wednesday T&T. Lots of street tire cars. There was nothing done to the track during the time I was there. Just continuous flow of cars down the track. Decided to make the best of it and try to get down on minimal track prep. Weather was good. The gear had been switched from a 4.30 to a 4.10. It had also been rejetted from 94 to 92. Tried a bunch of shock and tire psi settings. It never even tried to lift the front tires. The jury is still out whether the gear or jetting hurt it. If it did it wasn't more than .01-.02. The stripe rpm was down from 7300 to 7100. So it does slip the converter a touch more. Wasn't super consistent but it went down not to bad. Driver wasnt the greatest either. R/T and shift points weren't precise. been 7 months since I've been in the car. Nothing broke. Truck and trailer towed great. made the mistake of leaving the 16v charger at home. But the XS battery performed flawlessly without it. Here's the runs.
Doug

View attachment 1453126
Wow! Thise 60 foots are to die for! On an unprepped track? Fantastic. What's the combo?

580" Indy head with an Indy crossram. ATI 9.5 converter, 4.10 Dana with ladder bars, Afco doubles all the way around. Right around 3300lbs with 55% on the nose, foot brake.
Doug

very impressive machine! does it use a parachute to stop? is it meant for mainly 1/8 or 1/4 mile?

580" Indy head with an Indy crossram. ATI 9.5 converter, 4.10 Dana with ladder bars, Afco doubles all the way around. Right around 3300lbs with 55% on the nose, foot brake.
Doug
Impressive!

So Milan is running 1/4 mile for Test and Tune. I thought just 1/8 mile that's awesome.

I see that 8.996 in there……. Let’s not just fly past that without acknowledging DVW into the 8’s!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back