• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiTech efi

CoronetDarter

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with FiTech? Their product seems comparable to the big name brands, but only $995. And they have a "Fuel Command Center"; essentially a gasoline wet sump - keep your stock gas tank and stock mechanical fuel pump. I'm planning on adding efi to my build and these guys are on my radar. Did a search and didn't find any threads on them yet.

There's a few threads on FABO too - all seem very positive. I got my FAST system and Aeromotive Stealth fuel pump still in the box. Seriously debating about switching 'em out.

That article was impressive and thinking about it for my '55 Belair with the pumped up LS2 in her. The ECU/ electronic aspect of wiring up that old girl has me quaking in my boots anyway....they made it sound easy!

That article was impressive and thinking about it for my '55 Belair with the pumped up LS2 in her. The ECU/ electronic aspect of wiring up that old girl has me quaking in my boots anyway....they made it sound easy!
No ECU harness, sure looks a lot easier than other brands. And the fuel CC is Brilliant! No cutting up gas tanks or running braided line the length of the car. I printed out their install manuals today, gonna read them over the weekend and compare to the FAST.
A link might help. http://fitechefi.com

Last edited:
Yes,very interesting stuff. We know the ethanol is
1. Junk
2. Not going away
3. Not good for the rubber in our fuel systems
I just wonder if this system is designed to be ethanol compatible at the % we will get in the future. I'm definitely interested at $1400.

Yes, the fuel setup seems pretty nice and I like the integration of the electronics into the actual unit.

I've been looking at the edelbrock setup with forward facing throttle body - but for this money I might give it a try so my 440 can live until the planned replacement.

If you guys run into other reviews - post them here!

I want to see what some of the results of this system are too, I'm very interested in it.
There are a few YouTube posts with this system…

[video=youtube;UZz6_CFdmT4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZz6_CFdmT4[/video]

Somebody put one of these on a B/RB so we can get the scoop !

Give me about 2 months. I'm returning my FAST EZ-EFI for this one.

Where in Cali are you at ? Wife has family in Bay Area. I'd love to see how it turns out.
I called down there Tuesday. Nice folks, didn't claim it would cure cancer or anything ridiculous. Injection kits in stock, the can setup is 2 weeks out. Man that is a neat deal.I can't decide whether to buy that, improve the suspension, or start the cosmetics ! So many needs(wants ?), so little $$$$$ !

Where in Cali are you at ? Wife has family in Bay Area. I'd love to see how it turns out.
I called down there Tuesday. Nice folks, didn't claim it would cure cancer or anything ridiculous. Injection kits in stock, the can setup is 2 weeks out. Man that is a neat deal.I can't decide whether to buy that, improve the suspension, or start the cosmetics ! So many needs(wants ?), so little $$$$$ !
I'm about 20 miles NE of Sacramento. Interesting, the wife and I have visited Boise a few times, we're planning on moving to the Star/Eagle area at some point.
I got a good feel talking to their tech. Another bonus for me: my Pertronix III distributor isn't compatible with the FAST system because it doesn't have a tach output. Was going to have to buy an MSD or FAST dizzy, another $400. It works with FiTech; the hits keep coming.

It's an interesting system, but I wonder how it works without the catch tank with the high pressure pump?

Not using the Fuel Command Center (fancy name for a catch tank...) it seems that the original mechanical pump is supplying pressure to the injectors? That pressure to the injectors will probably be pretty low and the atomization of the fuel will suffer?

It's an interesting system, but I wonder how it works without the catch tank with the high pressure pump?

Not using the Fuel Command Center (fancy name for a catch tank...) it seems that the original mechanical pump is supplying pressure to the injectors? That pressure to the injectors will probably be pretty low and the atomization of the fuel will suffer?
Very true. If you don't use the FCC then you need an in-tank or inline fuel pump + regulator. I already have the Phantom Stealth in-tank pump sitting in a box; the decision I have to make is to either cut up the original gas tank for the Stealth and run new fuel lines to the front, or install a big, gray coffee pot in the engine compartment. Everything's a compromise.

Not how it works. The original pump fills the Fuel Command Center. The FCC has an internal pump,at 58 psi, which supplies pressure to the injectors. You Tube has a video showing the atomization from idle to 6800 rpm. Should be just fine. I think the FCC is a simple hookup option. Hook it up, add a vent line for vapor back to the tank & you are done.
I'm waiting for CoronerDarter to invite me down for the install ! I'll bring the beer !

Not how it works. The original pump fills the Fuel Command Center. The FCC has an internal pump,at 58 psi, which supplies pressure to the injectors. You Tube has a video showing the atomization from idle to 6800 rpm. Should be just fine. I think the FCC is a simple hookup option. Hook it up, add a vent line for vapor back to the tank & you are done.
I'm waiting for CoronerDarter to invite me down for the install ! I'll bring the beer !

You want to come down for the FI install - well come on down! You bring the beer (for after we're done) and I'll cook up some good grub. I talked to the FiTech at length today, I liked what I heard. Went ahead and ordered the TBI and FCC - TBI is on the shelf but the FCC is b/o three weeks. I'll keep everyone posted.

I'm in. Momma has a sister in Tracy, & a brother in Dublin. They can come visit/entertain her. Got a hotel recomendation ? Gives me a base to operate from.

Somebody put one of these on a B/RB so we can get the scoop !

i have 3 of the systems sitting here, they are all going on 440s. one in a 1967 R/t (all stock magnum) , one in a 1974 d100 (stock with a performer intake , and 1 on a 1972 B van (engle k54, headers, & street dominator intake)

- - - Updated - - -

the stock pump just fill the accumulator (command center) there is a high pressure pump inside the command center that supplies the injectors. there is no good place to put the command center on a 1967 r/t. the unit is about 6.5-7" x 9ish" i am doing an inline pump with return line to tank on this one

Auto Transport Service
Back