• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FK5 Trial run. Whats the verdict?

I have owned maybe 50-60 mopars since 85, but just one burnt orange, a 70 GTX. It had orange interior also if I remember right. I loved it!

FK5 is a great color. One of my very favorite and the color of my 71 Gran Coupe Fury.
DSCN0296 (1280x960) (2).jpg

Well it's official. Burnt orange it is! Hopefully 2 gallons is going to be enough??

Paint's Here!.JPG

Last edited:
Inside and out and underneath barbee6043 ? Roger said should have a little left over. Makes 4 gallons of sprayable material.

I never spray the inside floors, not underneath either, just epoxy primer there and usually undercoat. I do them like OEM, but that should be enough. Kind of depends on how many coats!!

Another trial run. I was telling him that I had a few models of a 70 Charger. He asked me if I would like him to paint one also when he was checking out the color on the valance. I said sure why not. So here is the first Charger he painted in years. He did his brothers 69 R/T back in the early 80's
If I could find a better model before he is done I'll get him to splash some on it. For now this will have to do.

Charger Model.JPG

I have always liked the color my other 70 Charger 500 S.E. was FK5 originally. It is missing all the original drivetrain anyway, so it is going to back in black.

Exactly. Good candidate to make into anything you want. For sure. Why not??

Wow! Nice shot there John! Does she ever pop in that photo. Can't wait till mine is that close. Any info on your ride?
Once more John Looking GREAT!

Yes I know the inspection plate covers are suppose to be black but Roger my paint Guru wanted to see what they looked like body colour. Right now I'm thinking I am more than likely going to be respraying them black. Wait and see. Not a big job later.

Wow! Nice shot there John! Does she ever pop in that photo. Can't wait till mine is that close. Any info on your ride?
Once more John Looking GREAT!

I will put a thread together when it's done, I have over 600 photos. I'm just too busy right now. It's an original Stockton CA sold with all kinds of docs including 2 build sheets, 2 owner with 56K original on the clock. It still has the original #'s matching 383 but now is .060" over and has a roller cam but with original rocker setup to accept stock valve covers. The transmission is correct, has a stage 2 shift kit but not original as is the Holley 4440 carb that has been massaged a bit so correct but not matching dates/numbers. The car was 98% rust free with 2 small rust areas in the corners of the back window channel and 14 pinholes that were welded in the trunk floor. It has the nice floor contoured frame rail connectors, poly bushings throughout, KYB shocks painted to look original, boxed lower control arms and a Firm Feel Stage 2 on the steering box. The underside is sprayed with body colored Raptor Liner. A/C is upgraded with a modern cross-flow condenser for 134 refrigerant.

I'm finishing up the seats right now, I have all the glass in, the headliner, carpet and all the dash installed. I just have to dye the console and other misc tan interior parts so I can finish the interior and it's ready to drive. I rolled the inside floors in black Raptor and finished it with Dyno Mat before the carpet. It also has an AM look-A-Like stereo with a dual front speaker/dual rear speaker setup. hands free phone, Bluetooth and I bought and extension to be able to plug your phone/IPod into to play your own music and a USB charging port all hidden in the console.

Oh, the hood will be done and on this week.

Trying to make it look as close to original but make it more user friendly for hours of enjoyable cruising AND as easy to keep nice for many years of trouble free driving.

John
IMG_5661.JPG
IMG_5673.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back