• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flares

Dibbons

Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
I carry an orange cone and a flare on my road trips. The flare is getting kinda old, but I guess it would still work. Article:

https://www.soundingsonline.com/voices/flares

flare.jpeg

good idea Dib, in the 70's worked for the Railroad, those old flares had a spike in the end to stick into RR ties.

One of those and 5 gal. of fuel oil can really get a brush/tree pile going.
Ive heard. :thumbsup:

good idea Dib, in the 70's worked for the Railroad, those old flares had a spike in the end to stick into RR ties.
A childhood friend's dad worked for the RR, and somehow we ended up with what he called railroad "flares", which was basically a blasting cap outfitted to strap to the rail so when the train ran over it the crew would without a doubt notice it.

Being kids and all, we strapped it to a rail, stood back, and threw bricks at it until it exploded. I remember feeling the blast wave hit me and I was not very close to it at all.

When I was a kid, we would go to the train yard and raid the cabooses. That was where the track bombs and the flares were stored. We caused a lot of mayhem with those stolen goodies.

Auto Transport Service
Back