• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

flat black lift off hood on plum crazy?

69clone

Local time
8:04 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'd like to get the lift off hood like on the A12's for my 69' clone but I'm wondering how flat black would look with the purple or would white look better? Anyone ever seen one or have a picture? Also anyone know where to get one? I've only found the scoop but not the whole thing...
Anyways thanks,
~Nick

Btw sorry if i annoy you guys with my post about things i want or would like to get lol, just planning for the future :)

Personally, I think white would be just wrong.

Go with the original Organosol (organasol)

A friend had a '69 'runner purple with a black lift off hood,it looked good.Mine was blue with a black primer front end at the time!
RT

Thanks, 69 Runner i really though it would look cheap but the white always seems nice with the purple so i though i would throw it in.
RTSrunner,
Nice, Didn't think i would hear someone having what i pictured lol you wouldn't have a picture would you?

if you do the black which i prefer you have to do the original organisol textured flat black.
just a heads up, you do realize in 69 there was no plum crazy purple offered in that model year.

Thanks,
Yeah i knew it wasn't flat black but didn't know what it was called til now. :) AAR fiberglass I'll have to look at them. I know they were lift off but what do you think would be better lift off or bolt on? I saw someone had it bolt on but still had the pins in the front.

69clone,Sorry,no pics of the purple 'runner.It was the mid-late 80's and they were our drivers,I delivered pizza in mine!The purple 'runner,a friends was later painted candy blue,but retained the black lift-off hood.Paul,the owner of the purple car worked at a detail shop across the street from my part time pizza job.He would come running out to watch the launch every time I left for a delivery!He came in to pick up food one day,the runner idling in the lot.I asked Paul,where are your hood pins?Wow the response,"just washed it and forgot them "!A thanks and a slow drive back to get the pins before heading home.Could have been a bad day for him and his hood!
RT

Auto Transport Service
Back