• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flippin Deer

Filipin deer? Well yeah, don’t want to cook one side more then the other! :poke:

58747838-B098-4D28-8A62-E035FFADFBF1.jpeg

Yeah, deer suck. Cut one in half with my motorcycle in '18. I was going about 70 and it must have jumped out of a ditch and over a guardrail. I never even saw it; my brain just snap-shotted when the bike slowed down and I went over the bars. Totaled the bike; I slid 110 yards down the road, on my back...stood up on the double-yellow, walked to the shoulder, and called my own ambulance to be safe. I always gear up, so I had all of about six square inches of road rash (right hip because I didn't zip my jacket to my pants; right shoulder blade when it burned through the armor during the slide). And I fractured a toe when my foot hit either the rear brake lever or the handlebar, as I exited the drivers seat.

The AGS (Active Grille Shutter) is to aid cold-start warmup and get the engine to operating temp sooner (better emissions), as well as aiding aerodynamics to help (a miniscule amount) with fuel economy. The way the EPA is tightening the noose...er, regulations, carmakers are pulling out every trick they can think of.

Stopped at a stop sign on Ft Eustis, Va and one ran out of the woods and into my driver's door. No reason at all. Just blamm!

Nov 2016, had 15 Challenger for 6 months!! 5 point, RARE in NJ. SOB!!!

20161115_194054.jpg

20161115_193315.jpg

Yikes. After seeing those pics of the deer through the windshield and in the seat, I am considering myself extremely lucky with just grill, bumper, and coil damage.

DEFINATELY good to have a "blunt nose" vehicle, reduces changes of a deer in you lap.

I saw the thread title and thought it might be about fixing up a deer and selling it for profit.

:lol:

1965 a fellow ordered a 66 383 Sport Fury 2 door hard top. Car came in before Christmas. Dad told high school son you can use it but, but be careful. Don’t remember for sure if there were 4 or 5 guys. But they hit a moose, peeled the roof back and all were dead. I think it happened before Christmas.
Always heard tha the worst animal to hit was a pig.

Bright sunny day. I watched him leave the woods and run right at me. I thought he would turn or stop. He didn't. Very strange.

The thing is after hitting a deer is that it turns them into a bag of bones. Not worth trying to keep it to lessen the pain of the vehicle repairs. Been there, done that.

I put thousands of miles on motorcycles every year and deer are the 2nd most deadly threat to a motorcyclist, 1st is cell phones.
No, PEOPLE with cell phones.
My brother hit deer three times with the same 86 F150. After the last one he never got it fixed.

Driving my Buick LaSabre back and forth to the airfield through 12 miles of pine forest in South Carolina was like a combat zone. Deer hit my car a total of 7 times.

Auto Transport Service
Back