• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

flipping front spring hanger..how much lower ?

rustytoolss

Local time
5:36 PM
Reaction score
How much lower will my car be by flipping the front spring hanger? Also can I reuse the stock hangers/ how hard to do this ? On a budget, but if it's not worth doing I would buy new hangers.

I did this on a 73 Duster. This was 23 years ago before the values of all these cars started to climb. I just took a round file and ovalled out the holes until the hangers fit. It was a hack but the car was cheap. The change was done only because I had added a couple of leaf springs to each side to stiffen up the rate and it also lifted the car. I wanted a stock height with more rate so the hanger flip made a difference of about 1 3/4" at the rear wheel opening and nearly 4 inches at the bumper.

I did this on a 73 Duster. This was 23 years ago before the values of all these cars started to climb. I just took a round file and ovalled out the holes until the hangers fit. It was a hack but the car was cheap. The change was done only because I had added a couple of leaf springs to each side to stiffen up the rate and it also lifted the car. I wanted a stock height with more rate so the hanger flip made a difference of about 1 3/4" at the rear wheel opening and nearly 4 inches at the bumper.
Thanks. Sounds like what I need to know, and within my budget.

Auto Transport Service
Back