• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Floor patch panel is a little short

MoparDave

Local time
5:23 AM
Reaction score
Well dang.....figures. Had these floor pans around for a long time. Corrosion extended further than what I originally thought. Ordering extended pans would be expensive, especially shipping and that's if I could even find them in stock. I suppose it is time to just make my own extension(s).

Question: Would it be best to overlap the homemade metal extension or place under the original metal? Other thoughts and solutions welcomed! Should be interesting trying to fab a patch around some of area.

IMG_1533.JPEG

I would find some 18 gauge sheet metal and butt weld strips onto the upper floor pan area or replacment pan (which would be easier). Then weld in the pan you have in an overlap fashion.

I would find some 18 gauge sheet metal and butt weld strips onto the upper floor pan area or replacment pan (which would be easier). Then weld in the pan you have in an overlap fashion.
Thank you threewood, that was helpful. I was starting to overthink things.

Auto Transport Service
Back