• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flowmaster 70 Series Big Block II mufflers

john.thompson068

Local time
4:20 PM
Reaction score
Is anyone using Flowmaster 70 Series Big Block II mufflers on a small block making at least 400 hp or a big block making at least 500 hp with with headers and large exhaust pipes?

If so, can you compare the loudness to the 50 Series Delta Flow mufflers, which I currently have and think are a little too loud for me?

I have a 440 with almost 550 hp, headers, and 3" exhaust with tailpipes. I will eventually buy Flowmaster 70 Series Big Block II mufflers to replace my 50 Series Delta Flow mufflers. I understand that in order for anyone to answer this question they would have had to been exposed to both the 50 series and the 70 series on the same car and this may not be very likely.

Never tried the 70 series but have used 44 - 40 - 50 series for many years, the bigger then muffler the "lower deeper the tone" it seems, the smaller the "loader" for sure, if that makes any sense...

Yeah, I'm just getting them when I get the money, and however they sound is how it will sound if that is as quite as a Flowmaster gets. I think they will be alright as long as they are not too quite, but I don't think that will be a problem. I did hear a noticeable difference between the 40's and the 50's which where quieter and deeper. So if that happens again I should be pretty happy. I'm still wanting to hear from anybody who has these mufflers.

I just went with electric exhaust cut-outs so I can change the tone of my exhaust when ever I want with the push of a button. I have it paired with fairly quiet Summit Racing Super Turbo mufflers which are identical sounding to Flowmaster 40's and only cost $25 a muffler.

Auto Transport Service
Back