fluidampr pulley problem

Engine, Trans & Driveline

1. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:25 AM
    anyone know of another crank pulley that will realign the belts when you use a fluidamper balancer on a 440?

2. GTXperience

GTXperience Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:25 AM
    Dare, this is a pretty common issue when using aftermarket dampners. Everyone I have talked to has just taken a measurement off the back along with the pattern you need and went searching for the correct one. After you figure out which one you need (dimension-wise), start a "Wanted" thread on all the F?BO forums.

3. Gary67

Gary67 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I run a March 10151 crank pulley with the non recessed face fluiddamper, and dual pulley round back alt. The March pulley is 5 1/4" so it under drives a bit. I just have a stock water pump and electric fan, but when I run the car I spin it past 6600 and it works fine in my case.

pully.jpg

4. daredevil

Local Time:
    thanks Gary thats some good info. I also have an after market w/p housing and a milodon mechanical w/p so its all mixed up. any chance you could give me a measuremint from damper face to the pulley belt centerline

5. Gary67

Gary67 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Looks like 1 3/8" or just a hair less, face to centerline..My tape isn't that great...

6. daredevil

Local Time:
    close enough ,i found out march makes pulleys for stock damper 4 1/4 from damper to water pump flange and 3 1/2 for fluid damper balancers because they are 3/4 thicker so i bit the bullet and dropped 200 for a pulley set. really wanted one anyway but was trying to save money. oh well.thanks Gary

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.