• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flywheel Question.....

Propwash

Local time
2:33 PM
Reaction score
Quick question cat's.......

Will a small block flywheel fit/work on a big block? Needing a flywheel for my 512's Dyno coming up here shortly, i'm trying to avoid spending any kind of larger sum on a flywheel when the car's an Auto.

The motor is internally balanced and this flywheel (which would cost me nothing) is neutral balance.

Thanks in advance.

yes only diff is 6 bolt and 8 bolt,other then that they are the same.as long as same # of bolts,yes its good to use.

no prob prop.double checked in the old mopar perfomance book just to be sure.

Yup it'll work fine as long as it's neutral balance and 6 bolt like you say. Don't forget the video.

A 512 build with a 6 bolt crank? Are you using an aftermarket crank? Just did a balance job and all they said they needed was a flex plate if it was an auto....

Just be sure to match either the 130T or 143T wheel to which ever bellhousing your using.

A 512 build with a 6 bolt crank? Are you using an aftermarket crank? Just did a balance job and all they said they needed was a flex plate if it was an auto....

Yeah Cranky, it's aftermarket. Forged assembly from 440 source with 6 bolts. The race shop which does the dyno, uses a flywheel set up only. I guess I can't be picky. Anyone with an engine or Chassis dyno are hard to come by around these parts.

Just be sure to match either the 130T or 143T wheel to which ever bellhousing your using.

Thanks MM....Bellhousing/Tranny is not needed for the dyno, just the flywheel. Motor will be butted up to an auto once in the car anyways, so the flywheel after the dyno will pretty much be a paperweight.

Thanks MM....Bellhousing/Tranny is not needed for the dyno, just the flywheel. Motor will be butted up to an auto once in the car anyways, so the flywheel after the dyno will pretty much be a paperweight.
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, never mind.

Auto Transport Service
Back