• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flywheel ring gear question

Scott Kiger

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:37 AM
Reaction score
I have a really nice 146 tooth big block flywheel but I need a 143 tooth one. I don’t think the 143 tooth ring gear would fit if I go that route but wanted to ask and see. Hoping I am wrong. Thanks in advance.

I have a really nice 146 tooth big block flywheel but I need a 143 tooth one. I don’t think the 143 tooth ring gear would fit if I go that route but wanted to ask and see. Hoping I am wrong. Thanks in advance.
Ford used a 146 tooth ring gear but Mopar never did. Does the flywheel actually fit and bolt up to a mopar crank?

The 426 Hemi with the direct drive starter used the 143 tooth flywheel.
The Hemi used a 172-tooth ring gear with the direct drive starter. Many big blocks and small block trucks used the 143-tooth ring gear. My main point is that Mopar never used a 146-tooth ring gear.

The Hemi used a 172-tooth ring gear with the direct drive starter. Many big blocks and small block trucks used the 143-tooth ring gear. My main point is that Mopar never used a 146-tooth ring gear.
Sorry. I don’t know what I was thinking of when I replied they first time.

Auto Transport Service
Back