• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Sale - Not Mine ***1968 GTX Convertible in New Jersey

:thumbsup: looks like it could be a good deal.

Don't think it will last long at that price. If it were closer I would take it for that kind of money. But didn't mention fender tag , numbers etc. Also that year in that state probably don't have a title. I bought a an old car back there and it didn't have a title. It had the last registration which is supposed to work. Well it took for ever to get it titled out here. So much red tape I don't think I would do it again.

Last edited:
Can’t tell much by the pics but might be a good deal for some hard working soul....

Don't think it will last long at that price. If it were closer I would take it for that kind of money. But didn't mention fender tag , numbers etc. Also that year in that state probably don't have a title. I bought a an old car back there and it didn't have a title. It had the last registration which is supposed to work. Well it took for ever to get it titled out here. So much red tape I don't think I would do it again.
NJ is a title state, all cars have/had a title

I can't be more than 5 miles from this car , I reached out to go take a peek

Ny is still transferable Registration:poke:
If you live out here that is a big deal. I had to wait till our DMV contacted the DMV back there. The car had not been registered for a long time. They needed to make sure that was the last registration for the car. Due to the time span N.Y. couldn't come up with records.... It took almost six months to get a title.

At this point in my life, I'd rather pay 50-60 grand and get one done that needs very little or nothing and start enjoying it immediately. With that heap, you'll still get to the same 50-60 grand price (or more) not to mention the years of time, aggravation and busted knuckles.

The "error correct" could be a Freudian slip. I think he means era correct.

It either sold already or it was a scam when I do a search for it on Craigslist it doesn’t come up.

Look at the phone number the guy listed, may be a clue..

text or call 732-2454-8I76.

Here’s the story, fender tag and vin were stolen while in storage. That throws a wet towel on it for me at almost any price.

Look at the phone number the guy listed, may be a clue..

text or call 732-2454-8I76.

The area code is for New Jersey, if there was a problem with the phone number having too many digits it’s been corrected now. 245 now not 2454.

The car looks fairly solid to me, I agree with dick head in a lot of respects, buy it done and save some time and aggravation if you can afford it, but there may be some good value here for folks who don’t have 60k laying around. If it’s legit, I’m surprised it’s still for sale.

Last edited:
Here’s the story, fender tag and vin were stolen while in storage. That throws a wet towel on it for me at almost any price.
Yep parts car only or another re-body that is past on to some unsuspecting soul. Probably see this one for sale down the road with a different vin.

Auto Transport Service
Back