• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Sale - Not Mine *** Coronet R/T Convertible. ?

BeepBeepRR

Local time
12:52 PM
Reaction score
Found this car on facebook marketplace. Looks like it could be a cool car. Way out of my price range but definitely a cool car. Love the hood.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...e=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post

135_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=c48759&_nc_ohc=GzRiFTOginsAX89tPyT&_nc_ht=scontent.fatl1-2.jpg

050_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=c48759&_nc_ohc=_Gfgip-ZMxwAX9cKmOK&_nc_ht=scontent.fatl1-2.jpg

270_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=c48759&_nc_ohc=zFo8WJ2MgP4AX_U_1mK&_nc_ht=scontent.fatl1-1.jpg

192_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=c48759&_nc_ohc=Rz6OJZSo36UAX8IzR8R&_nc_ht=scontent.fatl1-2.jpg

Last edited:
Is that speedometer right for ‘70? It’s 120MPH. The early ‘68 had 10-150 MPH, and then switched to 1-15x10 MPH, that was standard in the Coronet R/T and GTX for ‘69.

While reading the ad I realize this guy is retarded.
It's a 1970 Dodge Coronet with rt package so two on a car straight from the dealership I have all the paperwork the guy that got it from the dealership had paid for the RT package as well as the convertible he has automatic 727 transmission it's a 383 big block car it has new quarter panels on it convertible does need to be redone solid body good floors trunk has a few tiny holes in it but nothing major the whole car is there I have a fiberglass good for as well as the original RT air grabber hood that came with it I have all the paperwork the build sheet and some service records I'm asking 19,500 or best offer will deliver to you

The power bulge hood is not an air grabber by any means. If it were indeed an air grabber it would be the dual scoop hood. I think he may be rattling off buzz words. And would they have made an RT with a 383? Pretty sure that would have been a 440 I could be wrong though.

It’s not a real R/T, read the description, he is grasping for more money. A Coronet R/T package. Have all paperwork. LOL

yes a real R/T gets a 150 speedo on either dash type.

I dont have facebook but would love to see if this car has a fender tag. Someone hit this guy up for a fender tag picture. One would think it would be one of the things he takes a picture of. To prove his post. Apparently he doesnt know what people look for when checking out old mopars.

Please post some pictures for all of us Non- Facebookers.

He doesn’t show any numbers. These are all the photos. Looks like new quarters but do they make new quarters for these cars?

88DA4B98-E8EF-48F7-A1F3-EEED9529DD02.jpeg D7C2176B-EDA6-482D-AABB-8218E499AEA5.jpeg FD25D163-5685-41A7-88C8-985B14C66A31.jpeg F0B4EDD1-6FEC-4D1E-BE8E-8D4125D7CF9C.jpeg

The cobalt seats (or what ever the hell they are..) is a nice touch!

He sent me a message, it’s a 500 383-2bbl with AC and disc brakes, EF8, green interior, black top. He should have told us this much. No “R/T” paperwork was sent. Trunk floor just a few holes, interior floor is decent, cleaned up and sprayed black.

I don’t want be disrespectful and post his fender tag.

but how many 1970 coronet convertibles did they make??
compared to some of the chargers ive seen,that price doesnt look bad at all....??

It is a kool car! Wouldn’t be hard to make it an R/T. Or whatever you want.

lol,i asked him the same things..
i figured it was gonna be a 383-2bbl car,being a 500.
also,why would it be disrespectful to post the fender tag,as thats exactly what i was gonna do ??
and,it shows 296 converts in R/T form being made,how many converts were made of All coronets? for 70?

Restomod it with a gen 3 and a 6 speed... might be $100k.

also,why would it be disrespectful to post the fender tag,as thats exactly what i was gonna do ??
Because it’s his car and if he wanted the tag posted with the VIN and other numbers he would have.
He had a photo ready to send me but didn’t post it. He had a reason for not posting it.

I feel it’s OK to say the colors and engine that just more info of what the car has.

EDIT, we are all different, who knows Why he is marketing it this way? Doesn’t know any better? Fishing for an RT buyer? Watches the BJ and Mecum too much? LOL LOL

You can tell by his ad it’s not a real R/T

Last edited:
yeah except hes selling it as an R/T.
if he posted that info mopar guys would know right away thats not a real R/T.
but it sure looks like hes fishing for a sucker sooooo...

so his reason,for not posting the numbers was....?
and ty for the reply.

Auto Transport Service
Back