• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Sale over at Hemmings - 1969 Plymouth GTX Hemi with Four-Speed

Imperial One

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:17 AM
Reaction score
I have been looking for a B body for a year and a half now. Maybe this one. I think it is worth $75 or $80k. Am I all wet on this one?

Any other thoughts or advice? I am thinking about whether I can live with triple green. The rest of it looks pretty good to me.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.hemmings.com/auction/19...m_medium=email&utm_source=auctions_newsletter

1969-plymouth-gtx-001-hero.jpg

A low mileage 426 HEMI 4 speed GTX is going to be bid north of $100k even though it's green.

Worth? The winning bidder will say it's worth what he bid.

Have a knowledgeable person inspect the car and paperwork if you're interested in the car.

BTW, I like green.

A low mileage 426 HEMI 4 speed GTX is going to be bid north of $100k even though it's green.

Worth? The winning bidder will say it's worth what he bid.

Have a knowledgeable person inspect the car and paperwork if you're interested in the car.

BTW, I like green.

Hagerty Insurance valuation is around $84,000 for a #2 (Excellent car) - add 10% for four speed but deduct (???) for "colors" triple green.

I have never seen that fresh air option.

F8 green would be more desirable. But it is what it is. If one got this for $90k? I would say a solid buy. Over $100k? Then the swalk will really begin. If $100k and some change? Probably true value. $125k+? Too much for my blood. JMO.

I paid a tad under Hagerty #2 for the restored numbers matching green '68 Hemi automatic with complete owner history I bought last year. I don't know what it's worth to anyone else, but I wouldn't part with it for under 100K now that I've driven it for a summer. The fact that it was restored and owned for 31 years by a Hemi expert was a big plus. I also had no search or transportation costs, as the car was located four hours from my home.

Hemi GTX left side.jpg

Last edited:
Mine has a functional AM 8-track, but I'd rather listen to the Hemi.
I would like to replace my a funtioning AM radio with a AM/8- track player to my non number's matching '69 GTX. But have not learned if this requires additional wiring? Or if it's just swappable? Plus, those units are not cheap.

Probably worth north of $100k these days. Not positive but I thought all Air Grabbers for Hemicars had the boot? I could be wrong.

If you like the car and it checks out then bid on it!
Have your upper limit and don't exceed it.
Anything can happen at auction. What it should bid to, and what it does bid to are two separate things.
Good luck!

Last edited:
For future possible reference (bots):

VIN: RS23J9G232710

No Inspector stamps/indentations on the fender tag?
Screenshot_20211223-165458~2.png

Screenshot_20211223-170310~2.png

Auto Transport Service
Back