• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

former member

he posted this on moparts. PAY ATTENTION TO LINE 6

20220628_133714.jpg

Yea, I didn't send a money order as requested. I guess I messed up. I actually thought I was doing a good thing. The cashiers check is more secure. I didn't realize it was a matter of inconvenience for him. Now, I'm just trying to minimize my mistake. But, I either need him to send back the check, or send the 6 way. Cashiers checks can't be cancelled or stopped. If he tears it up, I'm out the money and the item. So far, he isn't willing to do either. I've offered to pay for the stamp or his gas. I've gotten no response. Lesson learned...
My wife, who works in a bank, says that you can cancel the check, but you will pay a fee to do so. Where she works, it is $25 to cancel the cashiers check. You could also send him a SASE and all has to do is put the check in YOUR stamped and addressed envelope and mail it back to you. I can't believe someone is whining about the cost of a stamp...

I don't mind paying a fee. I have talked to just about everybody at my bank. No o ne seems to be able to cancel it....

Ok, nap time is over. As stated in an above post, I don’t know Barry, never met him, never interacted with him except through posting in the same threads on FABO, so I’m not defending him. I’m defending the fact that is wasn’t just a simple mistake, look what it has caused? I also clearly stated when the OP asked me, that if it was me I would send the check back. It’s obviously a clear lack of communication on the OP’s part that led to this, and yes, Barry should just send the check back. Here’s how communication should work…

Barry….”send me a postal money order”

OP….”is a cashiers check ok?”

Barry….”no, I’ve been burned on cashiers checks before”

OP….”ok, postal money order it is”

So, what didn’t happen that caused this? The OP has stated it was his mistake, and it was. Yes, it could, and should be resolved by sending the check back. But, to drag him through the mud on a forum that he’s not even on? Who escalated this? And calling me an asshole? Nice play, I can handle that. On to bigger and better things!
Ok - hope you had a great nap. However it didn’t seem to refresh your thought process. As far as “causing all this” besides the OP you’re the single greatest contributor to this post - w/o you lawyering for your buddy it would have been a lot shorter. And most agree including the OP he made a simple mistake for which you want to take him to the gallows on principle alone. Your buddy is being a prick - period. And you endlessly defend him like you could never have made such an egregious error and the OP should pay the ultimate price. Lastly reading comprehension has been important since the beginning of our lives - taught in elementary school - reread the love one I sent you and notice I didn’t call you an asshole - but rather said you had one of your own and you also had your buddy as an additional one. That was not intended as calling you one in any way. So go back and take another nap…..Lol

update
On the original site and post, Barry responded.

He listed articles that support his not wanting a cashiers check.

He then said that he will contact my bank and confirm that it's a valid check. If it is, he will send the check to the bank.
If it's not, he will "let" the bank deal with me.
I posted a thank you and another apology for the trouble.

I'm satisfied with that response.

So, once all of that takes place, I will most likely request that this thread be removed
So after all this, and him saying he will call your bank to see if it is really an actual legit check, he still won't mail you the parts if it is?

Ok - hope you had a great nap. However it didn’t seem to refresh your thought process. As far as “causing all this” besides the OP you’re the single greatest contributor to this post - w/o you lawyering for your buddy it would have been a lot shorter. And most agree including the OP he made a simple mistake for which you want to take him to the gallows on principle alone. Your buddy is being a prick - period. And you endlessly defend him like you could never have made such an egregious error and the OP should pay the ultimate price. Lastly reading comprehension has been important since the beginning of our lives - taught in elementary school - reread the love one I sent you and notice I didn’t call you an asshole - but rather said you had one of your own and you also had your buddy as an additional one. That was not intended as calling you one in any way. So go back and take another nap…..Lol
I’m not much of a nap taker, but I’ll try!

Yeah, glad you started this thread. I will be putting this clowns name on a list to never buy/sell to....
I had the same thought, and also you know what they say about birds of a feather.

Well, if you read through all of the posts, especially the one where the OP asked me what I would do, I clearly stated numerous times that I would send the check back. So, there’s that!
"That" is all that there is at this point. The OP has said many times that he screwed up by sending payment the way that he did but all the guys wants is his check back. Even you agree that you would have sent it back ( perhaps you're bringing your own seller's fustration into the thread?) Did the seller misquote the shipping cost and is now useing this payment problem to get out of the deal?. No one knows because the guy is being unreasonable.

Am I reading right that no matter what you get no parts? If it's a good cheque, he will "give" it to the bank to return to you? He's been AWOL on FABO...no big loss there

Am I reading right that no matter what you get no parts? If it's a good cheque, he will "give" it to the bank to return to you? He's been AWOL on FABO...no big loss there
that's correct. I did call the bank. Unless it says to deposit in remitters account, or unless it goes to my branch and they recognize my name....I won't get the funds back. I will then have to wait the 90 days.

Sorry to read...damn.
that's correct. I did call the bank. Unless it says to deposit in remitters account, or unless it goes to my branch and they recognize my name....I won't get the funds back. I will then have to wait the 90 days.

update

My bank called today. They received the check and are depositing it for me.

I'm glad this ordeal is over....not much more to say about it

Does anyone restore a 6 way?
I did buy one from a different source

thanks for all of the replies

update

:thumbsup: thanks for the conclusion & update
many of these types of threads go unanswered or incomplete
& it leave people wondering

update

Thanks for the update. What a pain but it turned out ok

Auto Transport Service
Back