• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

former member

ord27

Local time
6:17 AM
Reaction score
anyone heard of a guy named @Alaskan_TA?
Looks like he was on this board, now on the Charger board

Last edited by a moderator:
I wa trying to buy a 6 way from him. I sent a cashiers check. He said that won't do. Won't send it back. Says he will tear it up.
He doesn't have a phone. Seems pretty cranky.
I'm assuming I can take his word for it?

From moparts
Alaskan_TA

Fluffy Balladeer
6945.jpg

Hamtramck, PA

1970 only B-body 6-way bucket seat track - $650.00

Three studs replaced by an amateur in the past but I do have new replacement studs.

Chrome knobs are missing, but they are still available on the aftermarket as far as I know.

All springs intact.

Bottom rails have pitting where they met the carpet.

Available at the Carlisle show next month to prevent any shipping expense if you pay 50% in advance via US postal money order.

Email only, sixpak340(insert at symbol here)att.net
6way B to sell 1.JPG

Go to the bank who issued the CC with carbon copy and cancel the check. You may need to wait a month to get your money. Why trust the guy he could've deposited check when it cleared he could ship the 6 way. Had a guy send me a personal check when I told him not to. Messaged the check had to clear before part would be shipped. He was OK with that. 25 days the bank said it cleared, shipped next day.

Yea. He said that the bank was too far away. Gas to get there and the cost of a stamp to return the check Was added expense that he wasn't willing to take on.

He says “he’ll tear it up”. Assume nothing - Don’t be foolish brother. A guy that won‘t bear the added expense of a stamp. He sounds like a complete head case. Quickly do as others suggested - get your skinny butt over to the issuing bank and cancel that check ASAP.

Yea. He said that the bank was too far away. Gas to get there and the cost of a stamp to return the check Was added expense that he wasn't willing to take on.
But hole if you ask me,650 on the 6 way and wont go to the bank. Cancel the check

Give him one of these
865A2F98-90E0-4747-A663-8884A3F07E37.gif

Then do this
937C29A3-971A-429E-8093-713530C3213E.gif

How does he expect to get paid, does he want PayPal friends and family?
Look elsewhere, the guy sounds like a nut job.

Give him one of these View attachment 1303725
Then do this View attachment 1303726

How does he expect to get paid, does he want PayPal friends and family?
Look elsewhere, the guy sounds like a nut job.
Quote from his ad
Available at the Carlisle show next month to prevent any shipping expense if you pay 50% in advance via US postal money order.

You have to go to the Post Office or bank to cash one of these

Yea, I didn't send a money order as requested. I guess I messed up. I actually thought I was doing a good thing. The cashiers check is more secure. I didn't realize it was a matter of inconvenience for him. Now, I'm just trying to minimize my mistake. But, I either need him to send back the check, or send the 6 way. Cashiers checks can't be cancelled or stopped. If he tears it up, I'm out the money and the item. So far, he isn't willing to do either. I've offered to pay for the stamp or his gas. I've gotten no response. Lesson learned...

Yea, I didn't send a money order as requested. I guess I messed up. I actually thought I was doing a good thing. The cashiers check is more secure. I didn't realize it was a matter of inconvenience for him. Now, I'm just trying to minimize my mistake. But, I either need him to send back the check, or send the 6 way. Cashiers checks can't be cancelled or stopped. If he tears it up, I'm out the money and the item. So far, he isn't willing to do either. I've offered to pay for the stamp or his gas. I've gotten no response. Lesson learned...
Nothing is more secure than a postal money order. Bank checks can be cancelled after they are sent. I got screwed once with one. That's how I know. He stated his transaction process pretty clearly, seems like a good guy that is set in his ways.

Nothing is more secure than a postal money order. Bank checks can be cancelled after they are sent. I got screwed once with one. That's how I know. He stated his transaction process pretty clearly, seems like a good guy that is set in his ways.
Cashiers checks can't be cancelled. So, let's part ways in a way that everybody wins.

Let a 50 cent stamp hold up a $650 sale? Tear up a check without your say so instead of sending it back? He's not making himself look good.

I think there is a way to cancel a Cashier's Check, but it takes time and costs more than a little.

With a phone call, a Deputy Sheriff will knock on his door. I know because it happened to me. I sold a part to Bosnia. Told the guy there would be no shipment until the check cleared. He got impatient and called the local PD. An officer knocked on my door to ask what was going on. He couldn't tell me to ship it, but I did have a cop car in front of my house and an officer on my porch. If I was a scammer, it would have given me pause.

In the end, there is small claims court. It can be conducted over the phone on his end, you would go to your local court house.

Let a 50 cent stamp hold up a $650 sale? Tear up a check without your say so instead of sending it back? He's not making himself look good.

I think there is a way to cancel a Cashier's Check, but it takes time and costs more than a little.

With a phone call, a Deputy Sheriff will knock on his door. I know because it happened to me. I sold a part to Bosnia. Told the guy there would be no shipment until the check cleared. He got impatient and called the local PD. An officer knocked on my door to ask what was going on. He couldn't tell me to ship it, but I did have a cop car in front of my house and an officer on my porch. If I was a scammer, it would have given me pause.

In the end, there is small claims court. It can be conducted over the phone on his end, you would go to your local court house.
for now, I'm hoping that he will do the right thing. He has thousands of posts and has probably sold a ton of stuff on these sites. I'm sure that he has been screwed over a lot and that there are many examples of why he wants things a particular way. I'm hoping that his emails to me have been a reflection of his frustration, and not his actual intent. We shall see....

This guy Barry Washington is a Colossal Dick if he is not willing to just mail the check back to you. Head over to Welcome to For A Bodies Only Mopar Forum I would Sign up and start a thread there If Mike says he is active there. Does this man really want to tarnish himself over this? If he is active on MoFarts, hit him up there too. Or, you can straighten his grille AND bumper out at Carlisle.:nutkick:

Last edited:
Well, if you guys don’t know him by now, then I don’t know where you’ve been. He is a rock solid guy, he knows a boat load about Mopars, and is straight up. He’s not a nut job, he’s helped out 100’s of folks through his Historical site. So, if he told you to pay him a certain way and you didn’t, that’s on you. If he says he will rip up the cashiers check, he will. If he requested that you pick it up at Carlisle, that’s what he wants. If you want the parts, and you try to arrange alternate details, then you should follow through with those details, and not change the details unless you clear it with a seller first. If he says the bank is too far for him to go, that’s because it is. He lives in Alaska!

I would post on every B,E,C,A site that he is a scammer if he will not reply. PM him and tell him that.

Reading through this takes me back to my ebay selling days several years ago.
Folks / buyers get excited when the see a part they have searched for. That leads to not reading the full terms the seller has listed in the add.
The seller only asks for 1/2 payment up front and wants it via postal money order.
Then the part would be brought to to Carlilse for pickup.
He did not want to ship and stated the form of payment he would except for the 1/2 down to hold the part until the swap meet.
Jmho, but there is no reason at all to be busting the sellers balls on this one.

Auto Transport Service
Back