• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found: 1970 440 HP2 Block 0A176502

Winky

Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
Bought this bare block in the nineties from a classified ad in Calgary, no history was suggested by the seller at the time, just wanted it out of his garage. I’ve poked around here and other Mopar sites and couldn’t see any one looking for this particular block number but my search skills/patience are limited.

I will work with the rightful owner to reunite it to the original car if it still exists.

Partial VIN Stamp 0A176502
upload_2021-1-29_12-3-51.png

Casting 8*7*69
upload_2021-1-29_12-4-25.png

Build Stamp Pad
F440
12 9
HP2
upload_2021-1-29_12-5-32.png

Check the Superbird VIN list,I think that might be from a Superbird. The numbers are right around the time the birds were built.

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 10.20.15 AM.png

@Popslavez care to explain what you disagree with? We have a known VIN, it was suggested that VIN could be from a Superbird, I screen shot the section of the Superbird VIN list that it would appear on & it doesn't... So WTH are you disagreeing with...

Last edited:
After all these years I still remember my Superbirds' serial numbers. From the list that 1 Wild R/T just posted.

190 RM23 U 0A 163474 12-Nov

and

1748 RM23 V 0A 173747 12-Dec

The 6bbl one was a wreck which I bought out of a junk yard in 1979 or 1980.

Both cars long gone from me.

I do wonder about RM23U0A163474 and where it ended up. I sold it in 1982 and it went to BC.

Good luck in your search to re-unite the block with its car.

I knew that it was right in the middle of the Superbird run,but there were other cars being built at the time too,so I thought it was worth a look at the list. They built V code Road Runners,and Superbees,U and V code GTXs and Coronet R/Ts at the time too,at that plant.

Given the split between the R* VINS and the likely necessity to include at least some W* VINs in that range, a logical presumption would be to look at Coronet VINs.

176492, ten cars ahead of this VIN, is a WM.
My two cents...the engine came from a WM or WS car.

I would agree ! My WS23…. Vin is very close to this blocks #’s

Bought this bare block in the nineties from a classified ad in Calgary, no history was suggested by the seller at the time, just wanted it out of his garage. I’ve poked around here and other Mopar sites and couldn’t see any one looking for this particular block number but my search skills/patience are limited.

I will work with the rightful owner to reunite it to the original car if it still exists.

Partial VIN Stamp 0A176502
View attachment 1061546

Casting 8*7*69
View attachment 1061547

Build Stamp Pad
F440
12 9
HP2
View attachment 1061548
I have one built same time out of a plymouth something

Dave Wise has a pretty significant list of cars, like over half a mil. He has been known to help reunite parts, paper etc ... with rightful owners.

View attachment 1062002

@Popslavez care to explain what you disagree with? We have a known VIN, it was suggested that VIN could be from a Superbird, I screen shot the section of the Superbird VIN list that it would appear on & it doesn't... So WTH are you disagreeing with...
Prob fat fingered it and didn't pay attention.

Dave Wise has a pretty significant list of cars, like over half a mil. He has been known to help reunite parts, paper etc ... with rightful owners.
How do we find this Mr. Wise?

Auto Transport Service
Back