• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found a 71 GTX setting in the woods.

ga66mopar

Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score
I found this 71 GTX setting in the woods. It may be restorable but it's rough has fender tag and U code vin number. The rockers and frame rails look good from what I can tell. Missing drivetrain but I think it's worth pulling out of the woods. Butterscotch with white interior.

1971gtx.jpg 71gtx-2.jpg 71gtx.jpg

Last edited:
If possible I would be dragging it out. Even if it isn't restorable it deserves to be a donor for something else rather than just going back to earth in the woods.

May want to check to see if it was stolen before you pull it out of the woods,
unless you know who owns the property

With all of the missing parts, I wonder if that's the original rear axle still in place or a donor used to place the car. I'd be grabbing that PB booster as those are hard come by for cores, if this car isn't on private land.

Surprised that tag and VIN are in place. I'd also be cautious of any snakes/critters hiding in there.

Those cars look best without any sort of vinyl top. :)

The VIN shows it's a GTX? I don't see the GTX emblem on the quarter panel behind the door; and I can't see the mounting holes for it.

Sad to see it in this condition.:(

Very cool find nonetheless.. IMO it is worth trying to get it. If not deemed
restorable, would make a great donor car tho. @Dodge33

I talked to the old gentleman that owns it. He said he bought it in the early 1980's from a junkyard for the engine and trans (He no longer has them). He has the original front fenders and hood setting in a barn. They look pretty good. The differential looks original.

vin71gtx.JPG

Save it if you can. I am amazed that rocker molding is still laying in the interior!

Those cars look best without any sort of vinyl top. :)

The VIN shows it's a GTX? I don't see the GTX emblem on the quarter panel behind the door; and I can't see the mounting holes for it.

Sad to see it in this condition.:(

Mounting holes
gtx mounting.JPG

That looks like it is worth saving. Just need a rusty Sebring parts car.

I just happen to have a rusty 71 Sebring parts car.....

Started cutting it up for scrap last weekend.

GA is a "no title" state so you could buy it on a bill of sale.

I'm starting to smell a score here!

Very cool! I hope this can be saved. Doesn't look much worse than my RR :lol:

Have you made a deal yet? Have you started trying to get it back from the earth?

I was surprised when I saw the super track package. The dana is long gone.

Auto Transport Service
Back