• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found A Gem Recently

Valgaur

Local time
3:50 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've looked through FBBO for quite some time over the last few years hunting and looking for a Mopar of my own and decided it was time to join. Not only am I joining FBBO but I'll be joining the B-Body and Mopar family as I have gotten my first project car.

Say hello to the 68' Coronet 500
Front.png
Other rear quarter.png
rear quarter.jpg
Rear.png

I fell in love with B-bodies when I had the chance to race my future father-in-laws 69 Superbee. Ever since that racing summer I've been hunting for my own car that drew me in for the body style, the above pictures is the one I've fallen for. I have a lot of plans for this project this summer, with the end goal of maybe making it to Roadkill's Zip-tie Drags in September. I'm also planning to yank a 440 and trans from a dodge sportsman motorhome, still trying to figure out how best to take that out of there for the Coro. Any help on that would be awesome!

Glad to be here and being able to learn from you all!

You have picked a very cool car to work on. I've never done it, but I've heard that pulling motors from a motor home (or van for that matter) is much easier removing the grill and wheeling it out the front of the vehicle instead of lifting it out from up top. On vans, I did see a guy once pull a motor out through the sliding side door. Good news is it will be a lot easier putting into your Coronet 500 than taking it out of the motor home!

Welcome from San Antonio, Nice project you picked up there also. That 440 is a dependable engine and doesn't take much to be quick and fun. Good luck and start a build thread in the projects section so we all can follow your progress too.

welcome to FBBO nice looking project keep us posted on your progress

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal

good luck with the rustoration 68 Coronet 500 project

Welcome from Minnesota. You have a good car to start with.

Welcome to FBBO from sunny SoCal. You picked a sweet model to build - done right that's going to be a beautiful car. Good luck

Welcome from Mid-MI. good starting car you have. Here's a pic of my buddies for some inspiration
IMG_0356.JPG

Nice car. It's fun when you can do whatever you want with your B Body. I'm sure you've watched the Roadkill episode with them getting a 440 out of a motorhome. Looked like the sawzall was the best tool. I read a guy on here was trying unsuccessfully to sell a 440. You might do a search.

welcome to the forum. great car to bring back to life.
heres mine, to give you more inspiration.
68 10.JPG

I also did the 440 extraction from a motor home. I used a combination of a Sawzall and a oxy/acetylene torch. Started by cutting the support frame at the back of the cab and the a pillars. Then hooked a chain around that firewall and pulled it off with a few yanks with a truck. I then had full access to the motor. I have to admit it was a lot of fun demoing the RV :lol:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and guidance! I hope to pull the 440 out the front of the motor home, just need to see how that will go since it's in the grass. I'd like to make sure the engine is still running as well, which it should be from talking to the owner a bit.

One thing I'm trying to figure out is how to do temporary fix on the floor pans. There are holes from sitting over the years and I'm not exactly sure what route to take. Or what front seats to swap to for being able to drive/race a bit this summer.

I have new leafs and shocks, just looking through fuel pumps and gas tanks right now. I have planned to make it move in the early portion of June after a week long thrash. I'll definitely make a build log for this though!

Thanks again everyone!

Welcome very cool choice I am a fan of that style b body to . Let's see some more pictures

Auto Transport Service
Back