• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Four Seasons heater Blower motor

zyzzyx

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:58 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 1057698 View attachment 1057699 View attachment 1057698 View attachment 1057699 So, I'm going through my heater box on my 68 "X" and I figured that
I would replace the blower motor with a new one from Rock Auto for
$38.00 including shipping. I just got it and tried to put it in and the
"Clocking" on the housing for the rubber vent tube is off big time. The
motor has no name on it, only says "Made in Canada." You would think
Four Seasons would want to put their name on it! The studs for mounting
the new one are metric but thank God the shaft diameter is good! anyone
else have this problem and what did you do to fix it? Do you guys get new
blower motors from someone else and everything lines up O.K? Thanks!

P1210063 (2).JPG P1210064 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Sorry about your problem, What's wrong with the old one, can you fix it, does it work or absolutely needs to be swapped out? I've never had a blower motor problems so I can't help. At least it's not made in China! Good Luck

What's wrong with the old one? It's Old like me! Just figured I'd replace it because
it's buried, and because when you manually turn it it's "Lazy" Not crisp like the new one'
What does everyone else do for these motors?

Ive learned the hard way if not broke dont fix it. Good luck and hope you get it figured out.

The one in the 66 Satellite I just bought is cranky - squealing like mad first time I turned it on. I fixed one like that years ago in my old Corvette by drilling a tiny hole in the end and squirting oil in to lubricate the bushing and then sealed the hole up. Still working 25 years later. Of course there could be other issues with yours.

I discovered that little issue years ago... I was lucky, when I discovered it I got in the manual & found the part number... Searched it & one popped up at a dealership close by... I got an NOS motor for $46.... I think the best option these days is SF Restorations

Four Season was a good supplier but not any longer
Have someone service yours or drill small hole in topside of felt cup and add non detergent 20w oil about 10 to 15 drops clean around hole and add drop of silicone to seal
good luck
If you have trouble finding oil try a rewind shop or a HVAC tech

words of wisdom from all above, trust them, stuff like that tends to come back and bite you in the ***.

I called Oreilley's by me and ordered a Murray PM350 blower motor. The listing
says it fits a 1968 Coronet but not a GTX????? I think I'm gonna let them order
it in an go match it up. Can't understand why it would be different. I'll let ya know!

Blower motors are super simple motors. I have a old Oster beehive blender that had a dirty, dusty, slow to start and run, screaming, squealy *** motor. I took it apart, cleaned the commutator, brushes, shafts, etc. gave it a shot of grease and/or oil where needed, and it now runs like a new unit. Just sayin. Good Luck

I used to work for G.E. so I know my way around a DC electric motor, but I just want to replace the old one
and not screw with the old one. The motor has a wound armature and wound stator with brushes as do so
many others out there these days. I want to find a suitable replacement and put it in and report back here
so everyone else doesn't have to go through this! I could take it apart, clean it, cut the commutator, undercut
the comm, polish it, and put a new set of brushes and bushings in it, but this thing is going in a dark place that
no one will ever see! If I could get away with it, I'd put a hamster in there with an exercise wheel! So far I've
got a Murray PM350, a Delco 15-8110, and the NAPA guy will have one for me to look at just after lunch today.
Well, I'm off to FedEx to return the Four Seasons 35502 to Rock Auto. (Cooling tube hole clocked wrong) Wish me luck!

Yeah, at this rate the old one might just be going back in! 42k miles on that one.

Yeah, at this rate the old one might just be going back in! 42k miles on that one.
Check out EBay from time to time. Search Everco M801. I recently purchased one for $25 to the door for a new in the box motor which included the mounting gasket. Application was for factory A/C set up.

Mine doesn't have air. Thought it would be easier than this!

And how many hours of run time are on it? Probably lees than you think!

O.K., so I took my old one apart, cleaned it, polished the comm, and lubed it up. It's going back into
active duty! Screw it! The VDO and Murray branded motors that have part number PM-350 are clocked
wrong, along with the Four Seasons which is actually a Unimotor 35502 is also clocked wrong. The funny
thing is they are all listed to fit a 1968 Coronet, and some of them are listed to fit a 1968 Roadrunner.
My car only has 42k on it so that's that! Now to put in the insulation pad and the heater box while I
watch the Buccaneers and the Packers duel it out!

I hate it when that happens! Good Luck

Auto Transport Service
Back