• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND Fram Air Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geetex

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:13 AM
Reaction score
This is a long shot, but I'll throw it out there. I'm looking for a NOS fram air filter CA305V. It's the one with the orange rubber seals and the round perforations in the outer cage. I've attached a picture of what it looks like. They're not made anymore but maybe someone has one laying around that they're interested in selling. Thanks for looking.

6046685f-97e5-4aa0-8440-2f863c707ed4_1.36ebc5e4dea19fa1deb27899ccbbf79e.jpeg

This is a long shot, but I'll throw it out there. I'm looking for a NOS fram air filter CA305V. It's the one with the orange rubber seals and the round perforations in the outer cage. I've attached a picture of what it looks like. They're not made anymore but maybe someone has one laying around that they're interested in selling. Thanks for looking.

View attachment 1205303
have you googled

View attachment 1205303
have you tried to google that fram filter number?

Yes, I have. They're no longer made, they haven't been made for a while now. The replacement part number is the same only without the V at the end but the filter has different perforations in it. They do come up in a google search, that's actually where I got that picture, but no one has any in stock.

Yes, I have. They're no longer made, they haven't been made for a while now. The replacement part number is the same only without the V at the end but the filter has different perforations in it. They do come up in a google search, that's actually where I got that picture, but no one has any in stock.
i got the same results when i googled the #

Dang it....so close.
This one has some minor crushing which is straightening up....I might have a second one also.
Yours if you need them :thumbsup:

20211224_163220.jpg
20211224_163324.jpg

whistling-smiley-emoticon.gif

Orange ones on ebay $225+ haven't see one in a while. Black with diamond mesh $150? Got one those not for sale. Should've taken orange 2k miles off and the black one on. They repo'd orange ones and stopped, why?

Geetex, tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. I doubt they'll ever be made again. I have one as an extra for my 71 383 Shaker Challenger. I don't really want to sell it and the price reflects that. If I let it go, I can't replace it and I'll regret it when it's gone. Contact me when you clean up your mailbox and we can discuss.

Fram 305V.jpg

Orange ones on ebay $225+ haven't see one in a while. Black with diamond mesh $150? Got one those not for sale. Should've taken orange 2k miles off and the black one on. They repo'd orange ones and stopped, why?
Sales volume. We all bought one and then only used it for shows, etc. So once everyone had one that wanted them, they quit buying more. Just a fact that we don't drive our cars 10,000 miles a year where we would need a constant supply of replacement filters. Plus Fram sells the regular 305 filter (screen wire). Releasing the 305V probably killed the sales of those for a time as well.

Is this the same filter that's used on 68-69 383 & 440 4 barrel?
Yes, basically the same for all years and all 4 barrel applications. I don't know exactly when they came with orange flanges and the perforated metal but most everything from probably 69-72 probably had it. Many of the NOS Mopar filters (service replacement), number 2863349 as someone else pointed out, are black flanges/screen wire. Same goes for the 6 pak/Hemi filters.

Geetex, tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. I doubt they'll ever be made again. I have one as an extra for my 71 383 Shaker Challenger. I don't really want to sell it and the price reflects that. If I let it go, I can't replace it and I'll regret it when it's gone. Contact me when you clean up your mailbox and we can discuss.

View attachment 1218257
I just sent Rick an email to let him know you're offering a filter. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back