• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Franco Harris won't be down

Sad for sure. His sister was my secretary for years and she got me several autographs. I fondly remember watching him as a teenager. RIP my friend!

The Heinz History Center in Pittsburgh has a display going on now celebrating 50 years since the Immaculate Reception. On Thursday December 22, there was an event planned with Franco and other Steelers from 1972.

RIP.

The Nittany Lion is shedding tears, RIP FRANCO!! Forever a PENN STATER!!

Geez another unexpected passing. They had referred to Franco and “The Immaculate Reception” several times last weekend during the NFL games. He was truly one of the greats of all time. I not so fondly recall when he and the rest of the Steelers whooped my Vikings in the Super Bowl in the 70’s. Interestingly enough the Vikes were favored. Franco Harris won the MVP award for the game with 158 rushing yards. We just couldn’t stop him nor could we get by the legendary “Steel Curtain”. The score was only 16-6 but if any of you recall the game it was somehow much worse than that score. As I understand it Franco was also one hell of a great guy off the field too. RIP

Last edited:
No Link? What was the COD?

No Link? What was the COD?
The family provided no cause of death. The only thing known is he passed in the middle of the night last night. Typically when that’s the case and it’s unexpected it’s most often a heart attack.

Being from Pittsburgh, it's a sad passing of Franco today. It's just a few days since the anniversary of
"The Immaculate Reception" that seemed to be a turning point for the success of the Steelers going forward.
I had the pleasure of meeting Franco, great guy and very involved with various charitable efforts in Pittsburgh.
RIP Franco.

R.I.P.

Just before the 50th anniversary of the Immaculate 'Deception'...

I'm sure he would have made more $$$ of an appearance again too

He was a good Football guy, nice guy even
but an arch enemy because he was a Pitts. Steeler
they kept the, then Oakland Raiders out of another 4 Super Bowls
in the 70's

RIP Franco

Oakland Raiders AFL 1977 excepting the Super Bowl Trophy Al Davis & John Madden.jpg

RIP Franco! A stud from the glory days of pro football.
Good for him and his family that he made it this far, many from that era died way too young.

Just before the 50th anniversary of the Immaculate 'Deception'...
Ha spoken like a true Raider! :screwy:
Actually the Raider fans in my family call it the "Immaculate Incompletion":p

RIP my brother,been a Steelers fan since 1975
s-l1600.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back