• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frankenmauth Auto Fest in M.I. Who Has Been Or Is Going?

66ChargerHI-PO

Local time
12:19 AM
Reaction score
I know the Frankenmauth Auto Fest in M.I. is coming up later this week. My family and I will be going for the very 1st time with a 1967 Fury III 4 door HT in turquoise. We are leaving on Wednesday, September 4th. Believe it takes about 12 hours to get there according to Mapquest. Anyway, what I wanna know is who has been there, what it's like, what to bring with you, what's around for food and attractions, and whatever else you can think of. Any tips, suggestions, etc would be much appreciated. Please share your experience(s). I know you can bring a canopy tent like Carlisle, and that it's a huge all make and model show like the Adirondack Nat's in N.Y but otherwise that's it. I'm hoping to see and get to meet some of you there.

This will be our 11th straight year attending. I'm guessing you must have a room already reserved because it's close to impossible to just show up and get a room. We stay at the Drury Inn on the main drag towards the north end. Friday is the Block Party. They shut down Main Street at 4PM until 10PM from Jefferson Street to Genesee Street. They have whats called the CrackleFest which is Drag cars, heavily Modified cars etc that come down the street in a parade. Once these cars go by, show volunteers guide all the classics out onto the street to be parked.
autofest.jpg

It looks like this for about 2-3 miles.

Plenty of places to eat. Great shopping for the wives whether its in Frankenmuth or at Birch Run which is a huge Outlet Mall off of I-75. You will need to check in at the Schaefer & Bierlein Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealership on Weiss Street and Jefferson Street. You get your wrist bands here to enter your car into the park for all 3 days. PM me if your interested in getting together or if you want to park with us on Saturday. Be safe driving here and hopefully we can meet up.

Car is cleaned and waxed, and fluids are all topped off/changed. Just have to pack the car with suitcases etc. Be leaving tomorrow morning around 6am. Staying overnight in I believe Branford, Ontario. Then going to the show. Hope to see some of you there

I have never been and I am only like 1-1/2 hours away. One of these days I will make it.

Thanks for the pictures. I have several buddies that go every year.

Auto Transport Service
Back