• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Freaking millennials

ESOXER

Local time
4:58 PM
Reaction score
So I come into work 30 minutes ago and there's a Dakota R/T in the lot I've never seen before, windows down in a rain storm. I find the basment dwelling troll that it sort belongs to I guess and let him know his windows are down. His response "Oh well, guess my seats are gonna get cleaned". WTF? He was too lazy to get up to roll his windows up. Man wish I still had mine that truck was fun and this clown dont care. Those are kinda hard to find in good condition and low miles too. What a dipshit

really? your upset because some dumb kid doesn't care about his car? your as bad as him.

He'll learn to roll them up when his seat falls through the floorboard

He'll learn to roll them up when his seat falls through the floorboard

He won't keep it long enough for that to occur.

Truck was probably given to him by parents that spoiled him his entire life. Now as adults they dont understand the value of a dollar or have a reason to take care of things. Would be different if he had to make the money to buy a vehicle.

Agree with spoolinhard: Many years ago, too many to admit, the first car I bought (I was 17 with a decent paying job at a machine shop so my ma co-signed to let me buy it) was a '67 GTO vert all optioned. I kept it pristine then had a brain fart to sell it for another car. This hippie type from town bought it, why I'll never know, as he was obviously not a car guy. Some weeks later I spotted my old goat in a parking lot in town and had to do a triple take gawking at it wondering if that was my car. Ahh, it didn't look the same, dirty, ratty, and noticed the rear end caved in. I walked over to it and a girl was sitting in the passenger seat with her feet up on the dash; an evident habit as the dash was muddy. Trash was strewn about the interior. Just then the guy came back and without thinking reality, I said "What the **** did you do to my car?" He replied saying the obvious, it's not your car anymore. I replied "Christ when I sold you my car you could eat off the gas pedal." Maybe six months later I again spotted my old GTO this time in a dealer's junk lot. Front end was also caved in, windows open to the elements and smashed windshield. The dealer is a ionger story with a sordid legacy; but went in to see if I could buy it. WTF, they wanted $350 less than what I sold it for! I told them that but no budging and end of this story. I swore I'd never sell my car to anyone local again...

Agree with spoolinhard: Many years ago, too many to admit, the first car I bought (I was 17 with a decent paying job at a machine shop so my ma co-signed to let me buy it) was a '67 GTO vert all optioned. I kept it pristine then had a brain fart to sell it for another car. This hippie type from town bought it, why I'll never know, as he was obviously not a car guy. Some weeks later I spotted my old goat in a parking lot in town and had to do a triple take gawking at it wondering if that was my car. Ahh, it didn't look the same, dirty, ratty, and noticed the rear end caved in. I walked over to it and a girl was sitting in the passenger seat with her feet up on the dash; an evident habit as the dash was muddy. Trash was strewn about the interior. Just then the guy came back and without thinking reality, I said "What the **** did you do to my car?" He replied saying the obvious, it's not your car anymore. I replied "Christ when I sold you my car you could eat off the gas pedal." Maybe six months later I again spotted my old GTO this time in a dealer's junk lot. Front end was also caved in, windows open to the elements and smashed windshield. The dealer is a ionger story with a sordid legacy; but went in to see if I could buy it. WTF, they wanted $350 less than what I sold it for! I told them that but no budging and end of this story. I swore I'd never sell my car to anyone local again...
Gotta turn loose of it when you do that. I did something similar by selling a 70 Challenger 440 RT rag top to someone I knew who immediately changed the color of the interior and installed a cheap top. Granted, it needed it but the thing is, he told me it was a keeper implying he wasn't going to sell it and I asked him to give me first option of buying it back if he did ever decided to sell it. He kept it long enough to paint it and do the other stuff but he did offer it to me for an inflated price. These days if I sell something, I don't expect to see it again or for them to take care of it or even keep it but I don't sell cars cheap anymore. Recently a buddy offered me 2500 for a Jeep that's worth at least 5500 and will probably bring more. I just laughed and told him 'ya gotta do beta in dat' lol

I don't think the previous owner of my Charger ever spun the tires. I soon fixed that problem. His second wife, who had never ridden in the car, absolutely hated me for thrashing the car at stop lights on 8th Street. I know because she told me in no uncertain terms.
I talked to him recently and he has mellowed. I noted that any damage done by thrashing or neglect can be fixed.
He was punishing only himself as I had long dreamed of driving cars like that and couldn't care less what he thought. It was, and is, my car and I will do whatever I please, including the installation of a 440 6-pack. Not original? That too, can be fixed.

So I come into work 30 minutes ago I find the basment dwelling troll that it sort belongs to I guess and let him know his windows are down. His response "Oh well, guess my seats are gonna get cleaned". WTF? He was too lazy to get up to roll his windows up. What a dipshit
I sure hope your job isn't around and involve heavy equipment and machinery, as this person sounds like a safety accident waiting to happen with that kind of attitude. I'd stay as far away as I could from them! Good Luck

How one treats they're possessions does not necessarily reflect on character. Certainly common sense would dictate that if you work your *** off for a material thing, then you would take care of it. Thats often not the case.
When I grew up my parents, members of the greatest generation and children of the Depression era, knew what it was like to go without. Life was in general a struggle, and so when they had children they passed off that mentality of taken care of what you owned. For example, it would a travesty to leave your bike outdoors overnight, or say not putting the lawn mower back in the shed after use. What if it rained? To. this day when I see articles like that left out in the weather, it leaves me shaking my head.
The other thoughts are the blame game. Somebody raised these young people and while there is no guarantee's in life, there is more of a chance of responsibility instilled in a young person then not. The pet dog is allowed to take food off the table. Whose fault is that, the master or the dog?
Just some thoughts about the subject.

his parents failed him
just one of many , you see it a lot these days...

his parents failed him
just one of many , you see it a lot these days...
May be true, no doubt. However the country is full of parents who did everything humanly possible for their children only to see one turn out as anything but what they hoped for.
Maybe they did to much, maybe not enough, weren't interested enough, more concerned with themselves. Who know's

not all of them, but many

Liberal D) Fascist -anatomy of the youth-.png

Albert Einstein World is dangerous quote.jpg

You just never know how they will be as they mature. I have four boys on my block with varying levels of car care. All with their own abilities.
1. 60 Studebaker Lark 2-door. Have helped him correct door strikers, carb, and tuning. He was always present and engaged. Most work done was by him with me coaching.
2. 72 Plymouth Duster. Rebuilt the motor with his dad, helped put in dash and restore the heater with his dad, and install exhaust with his dad. He received the car from his dad. I got a nod of thanks for my part in the resto. He barely drives it. Too involved in his video games.
3. 96 Chevy Silverado. Bought the truck with his own money. Has replaced rockers, corrected and hung a door, and is installing a donor motor. I only help with the technical part of wiring.
4. 2001 Chevy Tahoe. My son. Knows the maintenance portion of oil change and tires but does not want to dive in on the mechanical. (Perhaps that is my fault.) Loves the hand me down and will clean it and keep it gassed up.

Don't give up on this generation. We had a similar mix of polishers, slugs, "give me Daddy", and grease slingers. Just be there to give wise council and a few parts.

Every one of them would dash out to roll up their windows.

I work at a university, deal with them every day. They are all different, we have a 60 acre area that we care for that is for playing sports. In the morning I drive utv and pick up things left behind- clothing,shoes,backpacks,keys,laptops and the list goes on. It's taken to a lost and found but 70% is never claimed. The lack of caring about anything is amazing. Most just say oh well mom and dad will buy me a new one. Most of our student workers are different, or we guide them. This summer we had one never mowed a lawn, he mows and whips a 40acr field in a day and half, and we teach them to use tools and fix things... there is still hope. I love that about my job. Mom and dad did everything now we teach them what they didnt, and we **** with them, send them on goose chases ya know typical hazing. I just cant stand when people dont take care of their things, when others have so much less

Auto Transport Service
Back