• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fred made it onto YouTube - plus a rare Ed sighting

moparedtn

I got your Staff Member riiiight heeeere...
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:05 AM
Reaction score

Fred can be seen on the right at 17:40.
He can also be seen at 2:40 in the video - and if you're quick, you might notice
a large, fat ogre in a burgundy sweatshirt and ballcap lumber by about that time, too. :realcrazy:
(I knew the dude was videoing and tried to get out of the shot...)

Hey, he talks like you do!

Fred's all shiny and looking good! :thumbsup:

Real nice Study in front of Fred too. Good looking black Crown Vic.

Thanks for sharing.

Hey, he talks like you do!

Fred's all shiny and looking good! :thumbsup:

Real nice Study in front of Fred too. Good looking black Crown Vic.

Thanks for sharing.
Aww, he does not. Sheesh....he's a Chebby lover. :)

Mama and I just watched it. For a moment it looked like Main St Bristol as we were just down there beginning of October. Had to do a double take for a second there.

Man that’s a sharp GTX you got there Ed. First time I’ve seen it besides in your signature.

Was that a mower-bike in the bed of that truck behind Fred?

Beautiful car! Yeap, I spotted you ducking out haha. Pretty cool.

Mama and I just watched it. For a moment it looked like Main St Bristol as we were just down there beginning of October. Had to do a double take for a second there.

Man that’s a sharp GTX you got there Ed. First time I’ve seen it besides in your signature.

Was that a mower-bike in the bed of that truck behind Fred?
Yep, a lot of the same style architecture for sure between Bristol and here.
Thanks for the kind words - Fred still needs some attention here and there, but he takes a good pic...
and yes, that's a mower-bike. There's a few of those around here, all functional. :)

That’s a sweet red Fred wears. What color is that exactly?
If I recall, the previous owner said he actually just picked it out of the sample book (I want to say
Sherwyn-Williams?). It's called "Sport Red" or something. Here's the codes:
P1000969.JPG

If I recall, the previous owner said he actually just picked it out of the sample book (I want to say
Sherwyn-Williams?). It's called "Sport Red" or something. Here's the codes:
View attachment 1374736
When given a choice, red is usually not at the top of my list. But really do like that color on Fred.

My RR is red but it’s original so I can’t justify changing it.

When given a choice, red is usually not at the top of my list. But really do like that color on Fred.

My RR is red but it’s original so I can’t justify changing it.
Ditto - and compliment returned on yours, sir! :thumbsup:

(I don't know if you know how I bought Fred to begin with?):
Condensed version was I wanted to re-enter the hobby with another b-body over a dozen years
ago and saw one on FleeBay that was within driving distance, so wife and I set out one Sunday...
my head was full of all the sorts of questions one should be thinking about when approaching such
a deal, along with a healthy dose of skepticism and a horse-traders' reserve.

Well, the moment we turned the corner and the wife saw Fred, all that shiyat all went right out the
window...:lol:
She proclaims "oh, it's such a PRETTY color!"

I tell her ixnay on the ooldray, I gotta be able to talk a deal with the guy - IF the car is acceptable.
Out the car we get, shake hands with the owner - but she can't help it and after a couple minutes,
blurts out again how much she liked the color.
I'm like:
frustrated.jpg

Owner grins real big, looks me in the eye as if to say "Won't be no talking me down off my number
now, Skippy".
dolla bills.gif
I reckon that was all she wrote...
But at least the wife got on board with the project at that point, eh?

Yes, I admit the color draws the bulk of the attention to the car, too. *sigh*

Ditto - and compliment returned on yours, sir! :thumbsup:

(I don't know if you know how I bought Fred to begin with?):
Condensed version was I wanted to re-enter the hobby with another b-body over a dozen years
ago and saw one on FleeBay that was within driving distance, so wife and I set out one Sunday...
my head was full of all the sorts of questions one should be thinking about when approaching such
a deal, along with a healthy dose of skepticism and a horse-traders' reserve.

Well, the moment we turned the corner and the wife saw Fred, all that shiyat all went right out the
window...:lol:
She proclaims "oh, it's such a PRETTY color!"

I tell her ixnay on the ooldray, I gotta be able to talk a deal with the guy - IF the car is acceptable.
Out the car we get, shake hands with the owner - but she can't help it and after a couple minutes,
blurts out again how much she liked the color.
I'm like:
View attachment 1374778

Owner grins real big, looks me in the eye as if to say "Won't be no talking me down off my number
now, Skippy".
View attachment 1374781
I reckon that was all she wrote...
But at least the wife got on board with the project at that point, eh?

Yes, I admit the color draws the bulk of the attention to the car, too. *sigh*
I got back into the hobby myself at 46, after about a 15 year hiatus while raising our 3 children. We sacrificed the cars during that time to help afford mama to be a stay-at-home-mom. Well worth it IMO. After the nest started to clear out she hinted at rekindling the flame of the car passion. She, like your wife, accompanied me to get eyes on the RR the initial visit and fell in love with it. However I didn't quite get cornered like it sounds you did during that first visit lol. But I'm willing to bet deep down you're grateful she got right behind you (sounds more like in front of you) in support of what you hoped would come to fruition that day when first meeting Fred.

I got back into the hobby myself at 46, after about a 15 year hiatus while raising our 3 children. We sacrificed the cars during that time to help afford mama to be a stay-at-home-mom. Well worth it IMO. After the nest started to clear out she hinted at rekindling the flame of the car passion. She, like your wife, accompanied me to get eyes on the RR the initial visit and fell in love with it. However I didn't quite get cornered like it sounds you did during that first visit lol. But I'm willing to bet deep down you're grateful she got right behind you (sounds more like in front of you) in support of what you hoped would come to fruition that day when first meeting Fred.
Oh sure, one would rather they be supportive. You bet...
Now, was Fred the best candidate at the time for me? Probably not in hindsight - I wound up
repairing/replacing/re-doing about every mechanical, plumbing, electrical, interior and all that on him.
The biggie though was that his metal and paint had already been done, stuff I don't do.
It all worked out, I suppose. :)

Oh sure, one would rather they be supportive. You bet...
Now, was Fred the best candidate at the time for me? Probably not in hindsight - I wound up
repairing/replacing/re-doing about every mechanical, plumbing, electrical, interior and all that on him.
The biggie though was that his metal and paint had already been done, stuff I don't do.
It all worked out, I suppose. :)
Well at least you got to get the "hands on" part out of your system with Fred. No better way to get intimate with these old machines IMO.

They all talk that way down yonder!!! LOL :poke: Congratulation on being a star!!!! :thumbsup:
Funnily enough, it depends on perspective.
I've been told for almost 30 years here that I "sound like a Yankee" (i.e., "you ain't from around here...").
:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back