• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free Bird

6PKRTSE

Local time
6:24 AM
Reaction score
I was singing Lynard Skynards "Free Bird" all the way home. I stopped & inquired about a B Body sitting outside a shop. Once I stopped it turned out to be a 70' 383, Auto, Post Road Runner. Coincidently, the owner was moving his shop soon & needed it gone & he just gave it to me. It is a total project car & is missing alot of parts & drivetrain, it will need everything. My youngest Son is going to be 16 next month so I am going to give it to him if he wants it on his Birthday for us to restore together. So, the search begins for parts.

Great!
And, congratulations on your new member of the family, a 1970 Roadrunner!
I never had a car as a young kid.

Actually, it is not even picture frieindly. Like I said it needs everything. It does appear to be an all original paint, post car with black bench seat interior, column auto. Road Runner hood with 383 call outs, black stripe down the center & factory hood pins, A/C, power steering car.

GREAT, a free car, a Plymouth no less, and a project for you and your son. I don't get no better! Congratulations.

Make sure he signs over the ownership - otherwise you're pouring money into what is essentially his car !!

Plating a vehicle in Canada ...

In Ontario, the government wants its tax on the sale/purchase of every vehicle. This is collected when you plate the car. "Legally", ownership has to be transferred in 5 days. On a used vehicle they tax you on the greater of "purchase price" or "book value", but if the two are close they'll usually "give you a break" and charge the lesser. Since book value only goes back so far, older vehicles require an appraisal. A lot of guys make the mistake of bringing in a car from the US and doing a full number on them or even building a hotrod from an old shell and THEN going to license them. Well now they need an appraisal and well, you can see where this is going!!
The couple hundred dollar shell they could have licensed (as unfit) for a few bucks is now costing them thousands based on the appraised value. And the license bureau doesn't give a damn that you paid tax on every piece and labor as you built it, they want the tax on the appraised value.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Sorry if it bored you.

I was singing Lynard Skynards "Free Bird" all the way home. I stopped & inquired about a B Body sitting outside a shop. Once I stopped it turned out to be a 70' 383, Auto, Post Road Runner. Coincidently, the owner was moving his shop soon & needed it gone & he just gave it to me. It is a total project car & is missing alot of parts & drivetrain, it will need everything. My youngest Son is going to be 16 next month so I am going to give it to him if he wants it on his Birthday for us to restore together. So, the search begins for parts.
And I was hoping it was going to be a parrot!! :)

If it's a b body it's fit for pictures in any condition let's see it !

Speaking of free bird s
IMAG1420_BURST007.jpg

come on it cant be that we almost sve all of them
1970-Superbird-for-sale-05.jpg
calendar2012_12_03.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpEZ4LHIZtGyiv0A5vG1rwHU9YfCpQHCH6lK42cKSAjC7LcoAw.jpg
1970-Superbird-for-sale-06.jpg
70superbird24.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_Mw4_7D7PoOCPZW_HLN88c5Z-t-vpNORH1_4eOg9bdtHuqkNP.jpg

I could post photos all day of road runners that are dead or near dead that are brought back to life come on show us your pride and joy !:popcorn:

ski my understanding is that you did have your first and a garage to go with it , oh you and your silver spoon :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::thumbsup:
hot_rod_pedal_car_early_1900s_mousepads-ra4695f6a64a84baba150a9294f90d954_x74vi_8byvr_512.jpg

Make sure he signs over the ownership - otherwise you're pouring money into what is essentially his car !!

I have a clean green title now in my name for the car so no issues there.

The car is sitting out in my Parents Pole barn in storage right now over an hour away. Next time I go out there I will snap some pictures of it for you guys.

Auto Transport Service
Back