• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free spin hubs

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
Anybody running free spin hubs on their Ram 2500? I’m looking at the Spyntec kit for my 2011, gotta replace the front axle u joints so I thought I’d get a free spin kit and do away with the unit bearings.

I have looked at all of the free spin hubs that are available right now, still pricey for me in Canadian funds....besides the Spyntec, have you looked at Dynatrac, Yukon or theRamman??? On youtube there are a few videos and reviews on most of them, still a better option than what is currently on these trucks! I just had to replace the actuator on my '98 2500 just before Christmas, plus a couple of hoses, nice to have 4x4 working with all this snow we have gotten lately!!

Looked at all them. The ram man is tempting but he want 1800 bucks and my year of truck doesn’t get the stub shaft changed, so he’s out. Dynatrac and Yukon are good, but again priced too high compared to Spyntec at 1550.

save your money....your gonna need it when your cam wipes out

Huh? I’ve got a 6.7 CTD, non gasser.

then by all means spend away.... my personal opinion is free spin kits are a waist of money. just leave it the way it is , the more parts in the front end the more things to go wrong

If the truck had the CAD design like my old 99, then I would not get them. But my 2011 is solid, and by having that, the front end parts are always turning, u-joints wear faster, front drive shaft “could” explode at the cardigan joint taking out the t-case, trans, fuel lines, mangle the the bottom of the truck and hopefully it doesn’t happen while on the freeway. So I’m thinking of like this, the front stops turning, parts last a lot longer, steering is easier which puts less of a load on the other components and now I have greaseable front bearings.

It’s lije having life insurance, is it really needed, no, but is it good to have, yes.

I’m not concerned with any, if at all, fuel mileage increase. If it does go up, great, if not, no biggie.

I ordered the Spyntec kit this morning. It’ll be here next week.

Last edited:
If the truck had the CAD design like my old 99, then I would not get them. But my 2011 is solid, and by having that, the front end parts are always turning, u-joints wear faster, front drive shaft “could” explode at the cardigan joint taking out the t-case, trans, fuel lines, mangle the the bottom of the truck and hopefully it doesn’t happen while on the freeway. So I’m thinking of like this, the front stops turning, parts last a lot longer, steering is easier which puts less of a load on the other components and now I have greaseable front bearings.

It’s lije having life insurance, is it really needed, no, but is it good to have, yes.

I’m not concerned with any, if at all, fuel mileage increase. If it does go up, great, if not, no biggie.

I ordered the Spyntec kit this morning. It be here next week.
The less moving parts, the better.

True, but when a hub bearing lets go, bad things can happen.

This set is no different than a b body, except I can now lock/unlock the drive axle. Helps spread the load of larger tires. For me, driving style, and now I can do maintenance on the bearings, I’m calling it a win.

True, but when a hub bearing lets go, bad things can happen.

This set is no different than a b body, except I can now lock/unlock the drive axle. Helps spread the load of larger tires. For me, driving style, and now I can do maintenance on the bearings, I’m calling it a win.
I totally agree with you and your choice for free spin hubs. I have had a "constant spin" short shaft fail at highway speeds in mt Ramcharger. It caused a LOT of damage.

Auto Transport Service
Back