• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Friend lost 3 classics and his shop to fire.

1967coronet

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:49 PM
Reaction score
Good friends of mine and my wife had a very bad shop fire this past Tuesday night.
They were awakened by a passing couple who beat on their door to warn them.
These were all finished beautiful cars.
1936 ford convert, 1937 ford coupe , and a 1970 ss 396 chevelle convert. Plus all of his equipment, tools, everything a well equipped home shop would have.
The cars were each insured for agreed value . Plus they also have good home insurance.
Not sure of what classic car insurance company they use but as things progress I'm sure we will hear.
Just sucks. They are nice folks.
Also guys if you have not updated your agreed value on your own cars for some time , may be something to think about doing.
20220427_145537.jpg
20220427_145737.jpg
20220427_145613.jpg
20220427_145603.jpg

Good friends of mine and my wife had a very bad shop fire this past Tuesday night.
They were awakened by a passing couple who beat on their door to warn them.
These were all finished beautiful cars.
1936 ford convert, 1937 ford coupe , and a 1970 ss 396 chevelle convert. Plus all of his equipment, tools, everything a well equipped home shop would have.
The cars were each insured for agreed value . Plus they also have good home insurance.
Not sure of what classic car insurance company they use but as things progress I'm sure we will hear.
Just sucks. They are nice folks.
Also guys if you have not updated your agreed value on your own cars for some time , may be something to think about doing.View attachment 1277146View attachment 1277148View attachment 1277149View attachment 1277150
That's terrible! What bad luck!

Any idea what the cause of the fire was ?
Man that sucks for them, glad they were covered but hate to see that.

That's a shame, hope the insurance can cover most of the loss although it is never enough.

Any idea what caused the fire?

Any idea what the cause of the fire was ?
Man that sucks for them, glad they were covered but hate to see that.
Right now the fire dept is not sure.
Everyone figures electric , I'm pretty sure the insurance company will send in someone to ck.

That's a shame, hope the insurance can cover most of the loss although it is never enough.

Any idea what caused the fire?
Not yet, they all think electric. As much money that's involved insurance will prob ck it out.

Man that sucks...Been there many years ago.

Our shop fire was started by greasy/oily rags under the bench in a metal container, it had been a long hot summer and they built up enough heat to eventually combust. I was sleeping and heard the hand held propane tank explode on the bench, looked out the window and saw the fire glow in the shop...called the fire dept and they were at our place within 7 minutes....that was the longest 7 minutes of my life!

Geez, every car guy's worst fear. I hope your friend is well insured so that he is financially compensated. I'm sure it will be a painful memory for a long time.

THAT SUCKS!!! Hey insurance, PAY UP so they can start recovery!!

Man that Sucks!!! I can't imagine how they must feel....

Rhino Dart had a similar fire, turned out a battery for a rechargeable power tool caught fire... It was on the charger at the time.... Fire dept suggested not the leave charging batteries unattended...

Yet everyone does it & prior to Rhino Darts fire I'd never heard not to leave a charging battery unattended..

Man that Sucks!!! I can't imagine how they must feel....

Rhino Dart had a similar fire, turned out a battery for a rechargeable power tool caught fire... It was on the charger at the time.... Fire dept suggested not the leave charging batteries unattended...

Yet everyone does it & prior to Rhino Darts fire I'd never heard not to leave a charging battery unattended..
I do the same, sure makes a guy stop and think.

Auto Transport Service
Back