• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Brake Original Refit - 68 Charger RT

Macdon221

Local time
11:01 AM
Reaction score
Good Day all,

Moving into rebuilding my front brake assembly. Would like to go back to as close to original as possible. I have local supplier than carries tons of older nos parts so hoping to be able to piece it all together. I have many questions but will try to make them as simple as I can....

First I searched my 68 parts manual and 68 service manual for a photo of the manual adjuster setup but could not find it. I seen it online somewhere...but where is it in the book? Maybe the 68 book does not have it?

Front 11X 3 in.

1. Manual adjusters....I need all 4 (2 for back as well when the time comes). Hopefully to find an original set. Were there different threads for each side (L/R?) or were all 4 the same for manual set. The parts manual was confusing to me on this.

2. Wheel cylinders...what would of been the original manufacturer? Bendix etc?

3. Original Spring colors for the primary and secondary return springs, shoe hold down springs, and manual adjuster spring?

4. Did the original shoes for 11 x 3 HD brakes with manual adjusters have a different number of holes at the bottom when the manual adjuster spring stretches across? I seem to remember 2 vs 3.

5. Drums...I am going to measure the current ones on the car first to see if still in tolerance and then turn to true. I think I would rather do this instead of having to separate from the hub. Comments?

6. Front drums...any one know the original manufacturer or these or some pictures as well? What is the best replacements brand everyone will go with if needed?

That's it for now

Macdon221

Napa sells manual adjuster for Mopar's but the teeth are finer. If you go that way I can give you the numbers. Tried to delete photo, couldn't.

rearb1.JPG

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back