• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

front end question

eagle1969

Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
Im building a 69 RR convert and I noticed the front end is saging on the drivers side. The car was apart when i got it, its off about 1/2 to 3/4". (the rear seems level)Ive adjusted things to try to level.It seems to be in the body not the kframe. Ive measured everything and it seems to be right on and cant find any bends or creases anywhere. Im not sure if the torsion bars are bent and Im not sure if that would do it, any tips? I have looked for the obvious and see nothing???????

jack up the front to take the weight off the frontend and crank on the torsion bar adjuster bolt 3/4" head until you get it level.
if that doesnt work,meaning you ran out of thread on the torsion bar bolt then whoever put in the torsion bar didnt compress the contriol arm before he installed the torsion bar.

thanks ya i did that and i have that side stiff and the pass side soft and it still wont level? so were thinkin torsion bar problems??

Auto Transport Service
Back