• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front end suspension

Runner71

Local time
10:52 AM
Reaction score
What sets the hight on the front end? I need to swap my suspension out, they are soft as a m.. but i dont wanna loose the "stance" on the car, my front is a bit lower than rear and lower then most of the 71 i come a cross. what shocks do i need? not going for anything crazy just need something a bit more stiffer
20200521_130437.jpg
20200506_151509.jpg

Under the vehicle the lower control arms have an adjustment bolt that can be tightened / loosened and that is the primary method of setting the ride height -

Always so much to learn but almost always so easy to fix and understand! Thanks for the help

Hi just make sure you count the number of turns you make when backing bolt off, then same when tightening them . Or you can use a tape measure from bottom of front bumper to ground for height

There is a "correct" height too. The suspension geometry was designed for that height. Has an effect on the change in toe as the wheels are turned and as the car leans. Most people don't seem to care much but behavior tends to be better when correct.

Auto Transport Service
Back