• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front end too high

BeeKool

Local time
6:40 PM
Reaction score
Just installed 440 between the fenders and the car still sits too high.
Torsion bars?
How do I remedy this?
20180316_155340.jpg

Yup, unscrew the torsion bar adjusters. Until it is where you want it. Be sure to measure so both sides are even.

That car is gorgeous btw

if you rebuilt the front suspension on the hang , you must loosen up the uca n lca bushings so it may reset the movement .

you might need to have an alignment done after adjusting the front end to lower it. Lowering or raising the height of the front end affects the aligment. Make sure you push the front end up and down a few times after making the adjustment to see where it sits. Nice car

Last edited:
This is my first Chrysler Car.
My previous Chrysler products all say Ram and Dakota or Cruise Air on them so don't hold it against me when I ask, where the torsion bar adjuster is?

BTW I was never a fan of yellow muscle cars until I saw this car.

the adjusters are located in the lower control arms , its a bolt that out is down and in is up . be carefull you loosen up those uca's and lowers first so don't over stress the bushings . they twist some but can tear from there sleeves if there twisted to much . i had a 70 charger r/t in yellow , with black top n interior . good thing it had a/c .

Ride height is a factory specification. It's measured as the difference from the adjusting blade to the floor, to the middle of the bottom of the steering arm to the floor.And you must get an alignment afterward, adjusting the height is the first part of the alignment process.

After you adjust the bars you really need to bounce the car or even lift it off the ground to reset the load and see how it sits. You may have to do that a couple times to get it right. Tit's car!

Take the weight off the front end when making adjustments. Might add some neverseize or grease to threads.

Put the hood on before ya do it (battery too) or you’ll be back under there making more adjustments.

I agree with HT413, make sure that you have all the weight on the front of the car before adjusting the ride height or you'll be doing it over again. Beautiful Bee!!!

Put the hood on before ya do it (battery too) or you’ll be back under there making more adjustments.
Agree. Wait til you have everything together and all fluids in. You have several pounds to add yet.

Yep, you don't even have the radiator in it do you? Get her all together with the hood on it before adjusting anything. You may not have to .

I find that rolling it back and forth once will find level. Even after having one up on a jack, then letting it back down, it will sit a little higher. Then you roll it back and it drops back down.

Thanks guys for the info and kind words.
In that case, I'll just put the hood on and put her away as is.
I don't have the radiator,fan, starter or ps on.
I'm also going to modernize the a/c and get the Ramcharger functioning, but the latter two mods are 'spensive and will wait until near winters session.
Here is a pic of the mill.
20180315_171528.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back