• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB front headlight motor for 1966 Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRivera

Local time
7:02 PM
Reaction score
looking for a front headlight motor for 1966 charger

Good, glad to hear. Let me know if things don't work out.
well got in contact with the previous owner i purchased the car from and he sent me a motor but they are both labeled left does it matter? are they universals as to the side they go on?

well got in contact with the previous owner i purchased the car from and he sent me a motor but they are both labeled left does it matter? are they universals as to the side they go on?
Well, that was a good question. Checked the parts catalog and the same part number is listed for the headlight motor, so I am guessing they are the same. Give it a try. Will also look tonight. Got an extra set in my garage still attached to the headlights off a parts car.

Last edited:
Well, the two motors I have look the same to me. Don't see why they are not interchangeable.

Well, that was a good question. Checked the parts catalog and the same part number is listed for the headlight motor, so I am guessing they are the same. Give it a try. Will also look tonight. Got an extra set in my garage still attached to the headlights off a parts car.

Thanks I going to get them ready to ship have then refurbished

not yet going to just send them off and get them rebuilt

K. I happened to add an extra set to my parts cache, so if you happen to need let me know.

Hey guy, I saw the thread and wanted to chime in.
I took my whole front assy. apart to clean, inspect and repaint.
The motors are the same as they/ it does not know which side it is mounted to.
The limit switches "tell" the motor to stop turning in either direction.
Hope you have great success with your motors.

Hey Redbeard,
on an off chance, do you still have that parts car or the rear wheel moldings off of it do you? Thanks.

Sorry, local shop bought them from me. If I come across another, will try and let you know. Got a couple of cars I will be looking at in the spring.

The motors are the same
It's the relays and wiring that control rotation direction
but the motors turn equally in either direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back