• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front running lights

Skytrooper

1SG (Ret.)
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:37 PM
Reaction score
My front running lights only come on with the hazard flasher. Pull light knob half way and all marker lights and rear lights come on....just no front running lights. My turn signal switch doesnt appear to be functioning. If you move the lever down for either a left or right turn the front turn signal corresponding to lever position comes on steady...no flash.
I am aware that the turn flasher unit is probably no good, but would that cause the symptoms I am experiencing ?

I put new bulbs in the sockets, but I have more that I can try. The turn signal flasher makes no sound at all. I can hear the hazard flasher, and running lights flash accordingly. I have the shop manuals on my computer, but thank you for the link ! I didnt have a lot of time today, so I put in the hi beam switch, and monkeyed around with some other dribs and drabs.

Start troubleshooting just the running lights. That's the simplest circuit and doesn't involve the turn signal mechanism or flasher circuits. Funny thing is, the marker lights are common to the running lights ( Black yellow & black yellow tracers). You said to have marker lights so you've got power up front.
If the high elements work on the emergency flashers that should mean the socket/housing is grounded but check it anyway. Old saying, if it's goofy, it's the ground.

Update:
I have all lights functioning properly except for front running lights, which has to be a ground issue.
The concealed headlight doors aren't working, so I need to chase that down. I will check for power to the relay and motor.

Check your light switch.

Auto Transport Service
Back