• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Signal Single Filament Vs. Double Filament Bulbs

JJordan1173

Local time
4:57 AM
Reaction score
Hello All,

Just bought myself a new pair of front turn signal bulbs. My OEM bulbs for the 64'Fury are single filament. Attached is a picture of the new ones I got from Autozone. They did not seem to fit, but I did not force it or lube it with dialectical grease. Will these new ones fit?

Thanks.

bulb.JPG

Wrong bulb. What number does it call for.

If the front of your car only has one lamp assy per side it needs a dual filament bulb...

Park lights are the dimmer filament & turn signals are the brighter filament..

Take a picture of the inside of the socket & post it..

Generally the European cars came with those football shaped contacts.
But I agree, there should be two wires going to each lamp assembly.

Basically I am asking will these 2 filament bulbs work, are they interchangeable with the single filament bulbs I took out.

Thanks Again.

Basically I am asking will these 2 filament bulbs work, are they interchangeable with the single filament bulbs I took out.

Thanks Again.
If your socket only has one wire the answer is No. What was the number of the original bulb? Or post a picture of it.

Looks like you got Hella 1034 bulbs( new)
Which is like a 1034 US bulb with different contact shapes.
I didn't know chrysler made cars without park lamps then. (Single element).
There are two ways to know which bulb should be in the socket.
1. One or two contacts in the bulb socket,
2. One or two wires going into the back of the socket.

Is OEM one filament? Or is the bulb you removed one filament?? Big difference... As I said before take a picture of the inside of your lamp socket....
Most Dual filament bulbs have the alignment pins staggered, one is higher on the base so the bulb only fits one way...

That said many bulbs are installed wrong so it can be done, especially on a car that has 60 years worth of wear..

If your socket only has one wire the answer is No. What was the number of the original bulb? Or post a picture of it.
Thing is the bulb is 99% certainly not the original... So what moose breathed monkey put it in the car? Was it correct?

Thing is unless the 64 Fury doesn't have front parking lights it's either gonna have separate lamps for park & turn signals (it doesn't) or it's gonna have dual filament bulbs...

Generally, single filament "11xx" series bulbs have locating pins both at the same height on the sides.

Dual filament bulbs have them at different heights, so you can't put the wrong bulb in the wrong socket.

Look in the socket and see if it has one contact in the middle, or two, slightly off center.

My 64 FSM shows the sockets as wired with park and turn. With that said the poster should not have a single contact bulb. So I would think that the old 1157 would be the correct bulb.

My bad everyone! I was giving out bad noob information. See pictures below. Will the 2 new two filament "football" style ones I bought fit?
Pictures #1 current
Picture #2 socket
Pictures #3 new bulbs

20230320_160926.jpg

20230320_160933.jpg

20230320_160444.jpg

20230320_160942.jpg

20230320_160946.jpg

Yes, they say compatible with the 1034.
Make sure the side tabs go in the proper sides.

I knew I was not crazy! Some previous owner jerk put in a single filament bulb! FYI I am replacing these due to my right turn signal causing both of my indicators to blink.

20230320_161426.jpg

Make sure the bulb holder is grounded to the body. You may have to rotate the holder or somehow move it around to make it make contact with the body for ground. it may have paint or corrosion between it and the body. I just went through that.

Auto Transport Service
Back