• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Split Bench Questions

xRickyBobbyx

Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 69 Coronet Sedan and the front seat is a bench.

1 - Is it safe to assume that the split bench will bolt up in my car the same as my bench? My thought is technically the bottom frame should be the same because only the top part (back) is split.

2 - On the split bench, do they recline? Or do they only release forward to let passengers in the back of the coupes?

Are there any split benches that do recline? I want to replace my bench for a split bench so that I can recline a little. I l pushed the bench all the way back but I still feel too close to the steering wheel. I'm 6' 250lbs. If there aren't any factory seats that do, are there any aftermarket companies that make some?

I believe there were C body seats that recline at some point, maybe the 70's. With some 1/4" plate and a little fabrication, you could make something like this:

If you need some more rear tilt place a couple spacers under the front mount studs.
Summit ect, also sell a seat relocate bracket set to set it back a couple inches while still using the original mount holes.

Auto Transport Service
Back