• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Suspension Install Help..

dodge68charger

Local time
11:10 PM
Reaction score
I'm Installing The Steering Center Link And Tie Rod Ends In My 68 Charger. The Car Has No Steering Column In It.. How Do I Go About Installing Everything. One Tie Rod End Is Maxed In and The Other Maxed Out. How Do i Know The Steering Box Is Centered So I Can Get Both Tie Rod Ends Even and the Wheels Pointed Straight. Thanks

ha ha i thought i was the only one . i just made sure tie rod ends were even on both sides when i had them off. then i centred the steering box by dividing the turns in half ,( if you go on carid.com and look up your box it says how many turns it does so devide thatin 2 ) on my belevedere the steering wheel to column has a double spline so it can only go on one way.you cant repostion the wheel like other cars.good luck

Measure the old ones you took off keep left and right separate you should be very close at that point

No Old Ones To Measure. I Had My Steering Box rebuilt and They Took Off The Pitman Arm.

I Will Try The Counting Turns Method..

Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back