• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

front suspension kit and disk brake kit options...so many to choose...

cinciaz

Local time
12:41 PM
Reaction score
Hello all, haven't been on in a while. I am getting ready to do front suspension and a front disc conversion. So many to choose from, looking for help on which one to choose. Whats good? Whats bad? I really would like to install a skinny power brake booster. Not really a big fan of the big fat ones. I don't have a press so I need parts that are ready to be put on. Any help would be appreciated. 1971 Charger, 383 Mag, 4 speed, PS, manual drum brakes.

Last edited:
I did a full rebuild / replacement of the entire hydraulic system on my 71 Super Bee almost a year ago. It has disc front, drum rear. 100% factory setup with the original Bendix single diaphragm booster.

The repro metering valve has failed in only a manner that Chinese junk can. It was installed “new” last May. I need to find a replacement that, hopefully, will last longer than 1 year..

What part of AZ are you in? I’m in Scottsdale.

Agree. Stay with factory setup. Proven systems, easier to find parts for, more economical in cost. Many companies sell complete bolt n kits using stock based components.
Front suspension kits can be found from a few of our site sponsors listed on the right side of this page.

Last edited:
Hello all, haven't been on in a while. I am getting ready to do front suspension and a front disc conversion. So many to choose from, looking for help on which one to choose. Whats good? Whats bad? I really would like to install a skinny power brake booster. Not really a big fan of the big fat ones. I don't have a press so I need parts that are ready to be put on. Any help would be appreciated. 1971 Charger, 383 Mag, 4 speed, PS, manual drum brakes.
You might consider a Hydroboost system for stopping. You have power steering and desire a smaller size.
Mike

If interested I have just about the entire factory system available. I have the spindles, 2 new USA made rotors, 2 rebuilt caliphers, brackets, timken bearings & races, new grease caps, dust shields & all bolts.

Using a factory-based disc/drum setup ^^^ is the easiest, economical way to go. Been there, done that.

I did a full rebuild / replacement of the entire hydraulic system on my 71 Super Bee almost a year ago. It has disc front, drum rear. 100% factory setup with the original Bendix single diaphragm booster.

The repro metering valve has failed in only a manner that Chinese junk can. It was installed “new” last May. I need to find a replacement that, hopefully, will last longer than 1 year..

What part of AZ are you in? I’m in Scottsdale.
I am in Surprise 303 and Bell

thanks for the input everybody. will check out everybody's suggestions soon. Life is getting in the way...Ugh

Factory manual based brake system also. With the Bendix 11.75” rotors I used I knock out the Chinese wheel bearing races and install Timken.

Auto Transport Service
Back