• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front sway bar brackets are bent

Fox Delux

Local time
3:32 PM
Reaction score
Looking for front sway bar brackets for a '66 charger possibly may have been used on other B body models from '66 to '69...

20230401_111634.jpg

Why we have a Want to Buy section....

Welcome aboard and yes LATE '66 to '69 are all the same.

I don't think there are any reproductions on those brackets, I would carefully cut the welds and pull them apart and then heat them up and pound them back into shape. I'd use a new set of bushings as my pattern/guide to get the shape right.

I don't think there are any reproductions on those brackets, I would carefully cut the welds and pull them apart and then heat them up and pound them back into shape. I'd use a new set of bushings as my pattern/guide to get the shape right.
I already installed after market brackets on the car, they look totally not correct but will function properly, I'm still going to try to locate the correct style

Welcome from FL

Used brackets are out there, but you may have to buy a sway bar with brackets to get them - that's what I ended up doing recently - and most of them have some damage from hitting parking tombstones so you may better off trying to repair the ones you have. In my case, the originals were removed and discarded over 30 yrs ago so I didn't have much choice when I wanted to go back to original. Good luck with your search.

Welcome from Alabama, hope you didn't throw the brackets you have away. Someone made replacement straps some time back and I bought several sets. Plus once you cut the strap off, it's a fairly easy fix.

Welcome from FL

Used brackets are out there, but you may have to buy a sway bar with brackets to get them - that's what I ended up doing recently - and most of them have some damage from hitting parking tombstones so you may better off trying to repair the ones you have. In my case, the originals were removed and discarded over 30 yrs ago so I didn't have much choice when I wanted to go back to original. Good luck with your search.
I installed some after market brackets and bushings had to do some repositioning and drilling but they will work ok...thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back