• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD FS, McLeod Aluminum Flywheel 8 Bolt, 143 teeth NEW - 275

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:30 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Never been installed. Shipping=actual cost to your location. 77505 (Houston area)

MVC-008S-2.gif

MVC-007S-2.gif

Crankamous, do you know if this will fit a 56 Chrysler 331 Hemi?

I have no idea but as far as an educated guess goes, I would say no.....

Thanks dude. There ain't no numbers like that on the Mcleod site, but they list early and 2nd gen Hemis and they have different numbers. Oh well. I tried. ;)

That number is the only one on it and it's stenciled on it with an engraving pen. Did the old 331's have an 8 bolt crank? And how were they balanced? I'm thinking everything back then was internal....? In the second pic, you can see where the Dykem blue is and that's where the number is.

Oh I believe you.....maybe it's an older or custom piece? Crap if I know. But yes, all the early Hemis were 8 bolt flanges. I think all were also internally balanced as well. I know mine is. I HAVE an aluminum flywheel for it......but, it's a marine piece. I'm gonna have to have it drilled for a pressure plate pattern which is no big deal. However, it is solid aluminum and has NO steel insert. I've gotten two classes of thought. DON'T use it on the street at all.....or it'll be fine unless I wanna race it, which I don't. It's only gonna be on a rat rod. Since they have different numbers, something must be different. Somebody better jump on it cause it's a screamin deal. I'm gonna keep lookin to see if I can find proff it will work for me in the meantime.

That number is the only one on it and it's stenciled on it with an engraving pen. Did the old 331's have an 8 bolt crank? And how were they balanced? I'm thinking everything back then was internal....? In the second pic, you can see where the Dykem blue is and that's where the number is.

Last edited:
The aluminum face won't be too good for street duty and will wear faster I would think. And I have no experience with the older Hemi engines. I got this wheel in a package deal. Was mainly buying a Jerico 4 speed and it came with the wheel, clutch setup, scatter shield and shifter. I would like to trade the flywheel for a Long shifter because they work better with the Jerico than the Vertigates do....

Thanks for the part number and all. I preshate the input on my flywheel too. I'm still reeserchin it. lol

I wouldn't be boltin nothin to a steel marine wheel let alone an aluminum one. Been told by an old hot rod boat buddy of mine for years. Could explode and take your foot with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually back in the day he had a 26' ponyhaul V-drive with a blown 392. One Scrayassfast boat.

Do you mean a cast iron wheel? I wouldn't use a factory cast wheel for nutin either but what's wrong with an aftermarket aluminum and there's nothing wrong with a steel (billet) wheel either except they are heavy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back