1. CtownChris

CtownChris Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:36 AM
    OK,
    71 RR with 383, Edelbrock 600 4B, Weiland intake, headers, lumpy cam (unknown). Previous owner hacked up ALOT of this car.

Anyway replaced gas tank and sending unit. . Putting new steel line in, have electric fuel pump rated 5-10psi. standard inline glass fuel filter.

May get new carb as this one sucks.
    This is a street only car. Can I get away with my street fuel pump or should I get a Holly 110gph, 14psi with regulator.

I just don't want to spend money I don't have to or over kill the fuel delivery as I don't race at all. Especially if I'm goin to need a carb too.

Just want reliability and steady idle, smooth operation. No bog or hesitation.

My buddy advises me to get the HI output Holly with regulator and fram fuel filter with replaceable cartrige.

2. 6t9runner440

6t9runner440 Member

Local Time:
    2:36 AM
    I agree...My runner has a fairly mild 440 with an 800 cfm avs eddie carb and I am running a stock hemi fuel pump with no problems

3. 69 Runner

69 Runner ADMIN wif a corner office (Deceased - RIP)

Local Time:
    1:36 AM
    I ran the Carter mechanical on my Six Pack. No probs running 12.80@110.6

4. rumblefish360

rumblefish360 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I have to also agree. A stock pump or even the hi vol. pump is able to run without a regulator or return line. IMO, I'd skip the E-pump and big fram filter.
    Rid yourself of the glass filter and use a solid steel unit @ whatever size line your running. Safer and easy to replace from any store.

5. rolling_Thunder

rolling_Thunder Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:36 PM

ran a mechanical carter on a 69 RR at the shop with a 950cfm carb and it ran 11.80's no problem

6. 383man

383man Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I agree a good mech pump will work fine. But if you decide to keep the electric pump I can tell you my son and I both run the Holley red pump which has a built in reg and works fine on our mid 11 cars with no sign's of laying over as I cross the stripe at 6400 and my son shifts his 400 at 6700. Ron

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.