• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel gauge question

dickdale

Local time
8:58 AM
Reaction score
I have an Autometer fuel (bought it used) and a new Spectra Premium tank in my 70's Sattelite. The needle of the gauge stands on almost full.

I have it installed. Black wire ground, white wire is gauge light, red wire is power and the purple is sending unit signal.
I've filled the with 5 gallons of gasoline.
When I measure the wire that comes from the tank with a multimeter is says 93,9 ohms.

I've grounded the purple wire to see if it reacts and will reset itself.

I cannot seem to figure it out. Especially since the Ohm range is 10-73 Ohms with 73 being empty and 10 ohms being a full tank.

Can some body help me out?

Try this:
https://technoversions.com/
Screenshot_20211117-095241.png

Autometer says the gauge has an ohm range of 0 to 280.

The problem is no the calibration of the gauge. The problem is the gauge doesn't do anything.

The gauge and the sender have to be the same ohm range for it to work. If it's programmable and you have it set on 10-73, but you're reading 93.9 ohms from the sender, it won't work. I can't tell from your posts what the sender can send.

Auto Transport Service
Back