• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Line From Fuel Rail to Fuel Pump

cr8crshr

Local time
12:09 PM
Reaction score
Need some suggestions as to what I need to make a cleaner look for my Fuel system running from the carb to fuel pump. Carb is a Holley 3310S/4160/750 cfm/manual choke with vacuum secondaries/dual feed. Fuel rail is a Summit after market item. The fitting at the end of the fuel rail towards the front of the motor is a -6 AN Male fitting. I am thinking that a step down AN to NPT adapter would work and then plumb in a line to the fuel pump. You can see by the pics what I have already and what I will be dealing with. I would like the fuel line to pass behind the Alternator and its mountings and come out at the fuel pump for a clean look. I thought about going with just a braided hose with an AN fitting but the cost of the braided hose is really more than I want to spend and really I don't require that much. Maybe a foot to 16 inches in length and then cut to fit. So...What do you all suggest and what do have for your setups? Just so you know this is not the original Motor for the car so I am taking some freedom in how it will look in the Motor Bay. Rest of the car is original.....Pics to follow for your reference....cr8crshr/Tuck:blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1:

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 169
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 153
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 182
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 176
I hard line everything and even will silver braze a fitting on the steel line if need be to eliminate adapters. I don't use the AN stuff either. Just good old inverted flare.

You will thank us later if you hard line it now... For one, the braided AN stuff is going to flop around behind the belt and pulleys, especially if you install an inline filter(which you should do). Secondly, hard lines can and do reflect heat, possibly preventing a vapor lock situation.

BTW, I believe summit sells black tube fittings that will match your fuel line. I'm guessing it's -6AN, so...
3 of these...
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-2200075b/overview/
and
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g2538/overview/
and
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-230102/overview/
and then a fitting to adapt 3/8 tube to whatever size pipe fitting is on your pump. I'm guessing 1/4" pipe?

You can also get these fittings and filter from Russell, but it's more money...

I would hardline it from the pump to the carb, as has been suggested.

493 Charger...Thanks so much for the leads and suggestions for parts. I guess I should have specified that I would prefer "Hard Lines" as opposed to Flex/Braided lines. Easier to work with are the hard lines. I have a great tubing bender so I can get this line plummed at least by the time this oppressive "Heat Wave" here in CA allows me to work comfortably in my Brothers Garage where this project is wrapping itself up. Again Thanks all for the tips and suggestions. FBBO Rules...Unlike that other MOPAR site....:headbang:

Auto Transport Service
Back