• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Line size?

vita

Local time
9:53 PM
Reaction score
Going to be running some fuel line here soon and need some input on the size needed.

I'm running a GPA-9 Pump from tanks inc to a dual Fitech. Ill have a fuel regulator between them to ensure the Fitech is staying within the needed pressure (40 psi if I remember correctly). Motor is a 440 with an 8-71 roots blower on it. Is 3/8th going to be enough or do I need to find some 1/2 fuel line?
Yj1v78r

Are you racing or is it just a cool streeter ?.
Did a guys BB 500'' dual carb blower motor Chevy Chevelle and installed the 3/8''. He just drives it around once in a while.
In his case no need for 1/2'' and did the job on the street.

Going to be running some fuel line here soon and need some input on the size needed.

I'm running a GPA-9 Pump from tanks inc to a dual Fitech. Ill have a fuel regulator between them to ensure the Fitech is staying within the needed pressure (40 psi if I remember correctly). Motor is a 440 with an 8-71 roots blower on it. Is 3/8th going to be enough or do I need to find some 1/2 fuel line?
Yj1v78r

EFI fuel lines don't need to be as big as carb fuel lines. 3/8 will be big enough for your engine as long as you are running 60 psi of fuel pressure.

I am running the Fitech dual throttle bodies on my 446" engine. Using 3/8" feed and return lines and a 255 lph in tank pump. Maintains the 58 psi required. Street use only...
IMG_1023.JPG

Yj1v78r
Swing by your local Dodge dealer and slide underneath a Hellcat and see how big the fuel line on a factory car with 700 hp. I bet it is either 5/16 or 3/8. That is all it needs to be so the factory engineers don't waste time or money on anything else.

EFI fuel lines don't need to be as big as carb fuel lines. 3/8 will be big enough for your engine as long as you are running 60 psi of fuel pressure.

Agreed. I've ran over 1000 wheel horsepower with stock 4th gen F-body lines that are 3/8.

Auto Transport Service
Back