• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel lines supplementary questions

USatC

Local time
3:37 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I asked before what everyone was using for fuel lines for a EFI conversion. Now I’ve decided on braided PTFE as you all suggested and i was wondering where you guys routed your lines. Anyone have pics or routing ideas for a 72 Satellite? Trying to avoid areas that will cause them to experience a lot of road conditions.

Why not follow the factory location? It's not like they didn't know what they were doing. I followed the routing on my 68 Charger with no issues.

Were you planning to run it from the tank to the engine bay? If so I would use some loop clamps to support the hose. I personally opted for hard lines from tank to engine bay using only short lengths of SS braided PTFE for the connection points, but that's just me cuz I'm scared to death of fuel fires... Whichever way you decide make sure it's safe. My 2cents.
8863t919p2-e01k-digital@100p_637050319963487636.png

I used the factory 5/16 line on my low pressure tbi and ran a hose for the return zip tied to the factory routing.

I have since changed to a MPI setup and re-ran the lines in 3/8" and 5/16 return following the factory routing and using the double P clips where there was a single with a short amount of flex at each end. It took an afternoon and twice the length of tubing but I also routed the lines to the rear of the intake instead of the passenger front of the bay for a cleaner install, and it only cost about 30$.

I am in the process of installing a Holley sniper efi myself (well when it warms up a little more), it requires 3/8 main and return, was thinking of using Copper Nickel Lines for easy bending and routing and then wrapping them with stainless steel Spring Wrap Armor Guard Cover as extra protection against rocks/debris etc... i did my brake lines this way as well as my trans lines and like the way it turned out... just a thought...

I have done 3 conversions, on all of them I run hard lines from back to front and soft lines to connect the tank and to the regulator/fuel rail. On my 70 Challenger I bent 3/8" aluminum feed and return lines which I intend to change at some point. On my Cuda I used 3/8" steel lines and on the 69 Ply wagon I am doing now I used 3/8" steel line. In every case I ran the lines in the stock location. On the E bodies this was relatively easy because there is a large hole in the cross member but with the 69 I had to make a larger hole.

For the soft lines I use Fragola Series 8000 line and push lock fittings, I really like them especially over SS braided line. They can be a little bit of a pain to assemble but they are much better than SS braided IMO. I would add that when I first built the Challenger I ran SS braided front to back, same with the brake lines.

Were you planning to run it from the tank to the engine bay? If so I would use some loop clamps to support the hose. I personally opted for hard lines from tank to engine bay using only short lengths of SS braided PTFE for the connection points, but that's just me cuz I'm scared to death of fuel fires... Whichever way you decide make sure it's safe. My 2cents.
View attachment 1052037
If that scares you don't look under anything new.

Auto Transport Service
Back