• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel pump for 71 440 Charger

71Charger

Local time
10:11 AM
Reaction score
I’m replacing my fuel pump and carb on my charger and having difficulty locating a mech pump that will work with my edelbrock carb. I picked up a carter fuel pump that has correct inlet and out sizes, but it’s providing about 8psi which is way too much for the carb. It’s a thunder series carb can’t handle this and I don’t want to install a fuel regulator.
The fuel lines are 3/8, but can’t find anything that has the correct size in and outs with 6psi max pressure.

M6903 pumps have the high pressure issues. Guy that can fix it.
fuel pump.JPG

edelbrock performer fuel pump, #EDL-1723, 6psi, from Summit Racing. ruffcut

Did you put a gauge on it? Those are the ones that have been putting out 10-12 psi. My last 3 I sent out to get rebuilt with the correct weaker spring, 2 of them brand new.
The one I bought in September was 6 psi aprox.

The one I bought in September was 6 psi aprox.
You got lucky. I have switched over to the Edelbrock 1723's because of the Carter problems. So far they have been right on, knock on wood.

Auto Transport Service
Back