• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel pump in factory tank opinion

Chryco69

Local time
8:44 PM
Reaction score
Seeking opinions on where to purchase a Performance in the tank fuel pump for a factory fuel tank. Thanks

I just installed a Tanksinc EFI tank. Very good quality and fit great. Did it in my driveway on jack stands. Price is very reasonable. I went that way as I figured a 55 year old tank was pretty nasty inside.

This will depend on the tank. Some retrofit in tank fuel pumps require 1" above it's mounting for fuel line fittings. Some also will require to be mounted vertical. In the 66-67 B body, the sending unit is mounted at an angle. For mine, I used an Aeromotive Gen 2 Stealth tank. But it did still require modification, which had I known, would have had them install and pay a little extra. It requires their "Bladder Baffles" to keep fuel in the bladder and a "Jet Siphon" w extension to pull fuel from rear of tank when on a grade. Mine would cavitate while going up even a slight 1% grade if I were at or just below 1/2 tank.

I bought the GPA 6 pump from Tanksinc.com it is very quiet and I'm sure it's very happy being cooled by the fuel that it's submerged in

It will have fuel starvation/slosh issues in a stock unbaffled tank.

Won't matter -as much- if carbureted but will be a problem with EFI

Tanks Inc. has what you need

Auto Transport Service
Back